Interest Generator

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Interest Generator

Post by TMBJon »

This sounds great, but I can't imagine what the points would be awarded for. It has to be something that's out of the control of anyone on this forum, but also somehow relative to presumed draft position (ie White & Nerdy, Eat It, etc should be clearly worth more to a team than Toothless People or Do I Creep You Out, or else the draft itself would be pretty worthless).
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Yeah, I've been trying to come up with different scenarios, and nothing's adding up.

I wanted to use Dave's Greatest Al Songs fan rankings for rankings, but they were done before the 6 songs we know are from the next album (A few of which would definitely have higher value than older songs), plus several unreleased.concert only songs, and missing album tracks (If Jeremy ever returns, the Syndicated Inc prospects would be through the roof :P ). And if that latest interview is to be believed, we may know more about the next album sooner rather than later.

So the draft is pretty much a bust, the points look shot, I guess it was just a pipe dream. :(
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Crap, that would have been really awesome.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Iamabrawler
Die-hard Fan

Post by Iamabrawler »

I had an idea for a game. It would be called "Polka Medley Maker". The user who opens the topic gives one or more suggestion of polka medleys (of course, they can follow regular rules, like "popular songs of X year/decade/etc", go to a certain genre "pop/rock/rap/wizard rock/gothic/metal/anything", only songs about a certain artist "just any that has a wide discography" or ask for some totally crazy ideas "movie soundtracks/cartoon movies songs/TVlive-action or cartoon series themes/videogame music with lyrics added or already there").
It would require the players to try and make a polka medley with about 10 elements (that`s more or less). There would be four or five medleys made by WoWAY users and then everyone would vote for the best one of them. With each polka medley, the parts taken from every song would be written on the post. And if possible, it would be great to provide links to the songs used in the polka, as well as the time in the video where those lines are heard.

Little problem: If we want to be original, I wonder if, for any "videogame polka medley", we can include some instrumental songs. Since thjere ae no lyrics, would it be worth adding them?
Also, I wonder if we should suggest more than 1 polka medley theme per contest. I gues stwo or three is the best.

What do you think of it?
"So I went in my garaage, got in my care
And I drived, talking with my blue teeth
My boyfreind told me don't cree
Come to my houss, don't worraye,
we'll talk about this togeedurr."
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Not a bad idea although polkas don't necessarily translate well in just text form. If any accordion-playing member would step up and perhaps record the winning polka for every round that might make it a little more fun...
Iamabrawler
Die-hard Fan

Post by Iamabrawler »

Depends if we find one. In any case, I already have unusual ideas of polka medley subjects. I`ll just say the ones who`ll participate will need to be very creative and have a wide knowledge of music, in all its shapes and forms. And if they aren`t... well, they`ll discover new songs.
NMRodo
Occasional

Post by NMRodo »

Would anybody be interested in a Survivor for the Alpocalypse videos? Except maybe without "Perform This Way".
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Maybe. But give it some time first. According to Al's blog we have an official video for Polka Face! coming out in a few weeks.
And Peggy
Iamabrawler
Die-hard Fan

Post by Iamabrawler »

I still wonder on whether I should begin the polka medley contest or not.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Interest Generator

Post by minnick27 »

Without music I'd vote no. With music I'd vote heck yeah!
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ