Interest Generator

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Interest Generator

Post by Genius in Maine »

I am considering starting an Al version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire here, and I want to know who's interested before it starts.

IF YOU'RE INTERESTED:

Please PM me (don't post it here) saying that you are interested. The game will begin when I have ten people interested.
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Genius in Maine @ Jan 11 2004, 07:15 PM wrote: I am considering starting an Al version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire here, and I want to know who's interested before it starts.

IF YOU'RE INTERESTED:

Please PM me (don't post it here) saying that you are interested. The game will begin when I have ten people interested.
Could we have the basic rules of the game?
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

It will be like the regular Millionaire, only with questions about Al.

I (or whoever creates the questions, since that will be the prize for winning) gives the ten people a Fastest Finger question, where things are put into a certain order, and the fastest person with the correct order will get to be in the hot seat and answer multiple choice question which get more difficult when the person answering goes farther.

Since the original was very popular, I thought the rules were fairly common knowledge. I, believe it or not, did not watch the original very often! I hadn't thought that someone wouldn't have known the rules. Those are just the basics. There will be more when the game starts.
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Genius in Maine @ Jan 11 2004, 07:22 PM wrote: Since the original was very popular, I thought the rules were fairly common knowledge. I, believe it or not, did not watch the original very often! I hadn't thought that someone wouldn't have known the rules. Those are just the basics. There will be more when the game starts.
I didn't know if you would change the rules to make it weird or unique.

Sounds interesting... we'll see how this all pans out.
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Well, not to be pesimistic or anything, but these games generally don't work as well when only one or two people can play at a time. Notice how the best games are ones which anyone can play at any time. You may want to think about tweaking the way the game plays in order to allow more people to play at a time.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Mods, I think it might be a good idea to make this topic a sticky. It would be a good place for people to check for interest for any future games/polls before starting them.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Bruce the Duck @ Jan 11 2004, 07:54 PM wrote: Mods, I think it might be a good idea to make this topic a sticky.
We already have a sticky topic for this sort of thing.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Well, not really. That's a different topic entirely. But, whatever. I just thought it would help reduce the number of games and polls that don't work.
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Since interest in this has waned greatly, I would like to give those who PMed me about participating two options:

(A) Keep up hope that enough people will enter
(B) Have me create a different game for you (I have ideas, but if that's the case I want to know what you would like)

In other words, there will be a new game but I don't know what it will be.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I'm escalating this to a sticky. Use this topic to ask if a game already exists or to get feedback on games or ideas you might have for new games or polls.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!