How Loud Do You Like It?

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

Came up with this one while blasting PH on my way home from work. It might be the most senseless poll ever, but, hey, I'm curious. For the record, it all depends on my mood. Since I've been sick, I've needed something to drown my misery...and there's nothing like WBUL blasted at level 27 to cheer ME up! Just wait til I put in TNSWC or C@GZ!

btw- I was thinking of volume while listening in your car, but any way you listen to Al counts.
Hmmm...something's gone horribly awry here...
Al Team 2772!
RIP Bela
WEIRDALexis279
Off The Deep End

Post by WEIRDALexis279 »

Well, I have a terrible singing vocie, so most of the time I have it loud enough so you can't hear my vocie. But, when I'm tired and just want to listen to music, I'll put it on just loud enough where I can hear it.
doggans
Die-hard Fan

Post by doggans »

I'm not one for playing music loud, but I want those around me to know I'm listening to Al. (I'd hate for them to think I was actually listening to "Lose Yourself"!)
"Wow, another triple negative!"
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

On a scale from 1 to 10, I like my Al (and Spinal Tap, yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeah!) at 11.

On a scale from 1 to 27, what would that be? :choon:
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

It really depends on the song. Some songs need to be played softly to be fully appreciated, like the love ballads. If those are played too loudly, they don't sound good. I just listened to Poodle Hat today, and WDTAHTM sounds AWFUL when played loudly. Al's voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard in that song, if it's played too loudly. F2KTV is like that too. Other songs, however, are better the louder they are played. Most of the rock songs need to be loud, especially SLN, YD&U, and some others. Rap songs also sound better loud. So, I guess this is yet another poll that I can't vote in because my answer doesn't match the choices. :(
jerAL
Obsessed

Post by jerAL »

Loud. So loud I can't think about anything else. Although I must agree with BTD, some songs sound better than others.
...man is distinguished from all other creatures by the faculty of laughter.
-Joseph Addison
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I want to preserve my hearing, so I can enjoy Al and the other artists I like for many years to come. I will occassionally crank it up a notch or two, but only when I know it's not disturbing anyone else. And yes, even good music can disturb someone's peace.
This means something. This is important.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Depends on what I'm doing and what's playing. I like to listen to Al while I'm doing my graphic design stuff. His energy is contagious. I usually put on the earphones and have it just loud enough to block out background noises.

But if one of my favorite rock out songs comes on, then of course... Ya gotta crank it.

In the car... well, I only have one working speaker. So it's just loud enough to hear it. A new sound system is on my wish list, but for now... my car is paid for and it gets me where I want to go.
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

I had a nasty habit of putting AWBP up to -20db at 8:00 at night, which surely didn't thrill the neighbours.

But then I found that after a couple of plays at that volume, you beame "desensitized" to it, and yeah, that sucks. So nowadays, I keep it somewhere around "People KNOW what I'm listening too"

But the "Permanent Ear Damaging" volumes at the concert were AWESOME! :bigups:
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I usually play it loud enough so I can just hear it and block out background noises, but some songs demand to played loud.

Though, I have my alarm clock on max with some Al song playing to wake me up immediately.

-CindyBob
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway