Music Video Survivor: How strong is your opinion?

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

alexina
Addicted

Music Video Survivor: How strong is your opinion?

Post by alexina »

I have a hypothesis!

The currently-underway final round of the Music Video Survivor poll is showing a nearly even distribution of votes. I think the reason for this is that we generally like those two videos sooo much that the criteria by which we're voting for one or the other is kinda flimsy.

So, I'd like to test my hypothesis. Here's a poll in which you can say how strong your opinion is on which video should win.

In fact, let's take a more retrospective look to see when people stopped having a very strong opinion as to which video should be voted off.

DEFINITION: "Very strong opinion" means that you REALLY really Really wanted the video you voted off in that round to actually be voted off!

Happy voting!

:) Alexina

(P.S.: I guess this is actually a META-POLL -- a poll about a poll. How reflexive!)

(P.P.S.: If you select "Round 10 or earlier," make a post specifying which round was the last to elicit a very strong opinion from you!)
alexina
Addicted

Post by alexina »

I admit that the last time I had a super strong opinion was on Round 10. I definitely felt that Like a Surgeon needed to be voted off.

However, since then, I've had a really hard time deciding! I think those last 4 were all my "favorite" video, albeit each in a different way.

:huh: Alexina
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

The last one was probably round 11. I think AP should've gotten out then, since Fat and SLN are two of my favorite videos by ANY artists.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

It's evenly split because there are two choices. That has happened in every round when we have only had two choices.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Very strongly.

I've had it in my head since the beginning that IAATP should be the Ultimate Survivor, no matter who gets in it's way.

Do I like Amish Paradise? Of course I do! It was the best Al video AT THE TIME. But IAATP is now the best, in my opinion...

Would CP have replaced it? I'm not sure. There's not much I believe could've been done that wasn't achieved in Lose Yourself, Amish Paradise, and UHF (Because it looks like that would be a combination we would've seen). Puff Daddy's flashyness is much better than Eminem's grittiness in this situation.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I think IAATP is the strongest video to date as well. And not just for ALgal reasons. My second pick would have been UHF.

AP is good. It does have some funny gags, and I really like the backwards bit, but it's just not the strongest video. Nor is in in the top two, in my opinion.
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

I hate to ditto SD's post, but I agree totally.

IAATP just hit me as a dynamite video, one I could even show to a non-AL fan and have them enjoy it. (Yes, I did that) Of course, there are my AL-Gal reasons (the SS, the way Al carries himself, the facial hair), but it was also a very strong production with both Emo Philips and Drew Carey as guests. The whole thing just gets me moving like no other Al song/video. The two top 10 lists in the other poll break it down quite well, too. Yes, it's my absolute favorite video by AL. (then comes ILOJ, DTBS, UHF, LAS, ILRR and all the others.)
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

I'm going to try and avenge myself..I didn't vote IAATP for Al Gal reasons alone. It's a wonderful, wonderful video and deserves to win.

Tons of slight gags, but all in all a wonderful performance! And since Al considers it to be his most costly video made to date, it was $$ well spent!

:biggrin:

I hope IAATP wins for the Emo Philips cameo alone...

Let alone the Al Gal stuff...

~*Cat*~
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

If I was a moderator, I would have had the temptation to ban anyone who doesn't vote for Pentiums.

That's all I'll say.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Did this really need it's own topic? Couldn't this be a continuation of the regular survivor poll?

Anyway, I agree with scotti that it's always going to be close when it comes down to the last two of anything. The winner will probably only win by one vote, two at the most. With all the survivor polls we've seen here, that shouldn't be surprising.

~Jeremy (not voting because he doesn't see the point of the poll, but is considering adding it to his "Most Pointless Poll" poll. :P)