UHF Re-cast: R.J. Fletcher

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

UHF Re-cast: R.J. Fletcher

Post by Bruce the Duck »

The role of R.J. Fletcher is one that is tyrannical, wise-cracking, and often cruel. It also should belong to a veteran comedic actor, like Kevin McCarthy. That is why I chose the people that I did.

I think Danny DeVito would be the best for the part based on his performances of Louis DePalma on Taxi!

Above, I've listed the choices along with a prime example of a role that that actor has played that is quite similar to R.J. Fletcher.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

assuming you are talking about a remake of UHF then i picked bill murray. but at the time, there's no way al could have done better than the amazing Kevin McCarthy
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

QUOTE assuming you are talking about a remake of UHF then i picked bill murray. but at the time, there's no way al could have done better than the amazing Kevin McCarthy

Yes, I mean a remake. Of course, the cast of UHF is perfect. But what if you had to pick all new people and couldn't use any of the original actors (except for George Newman of course)? That's what this poll is about.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

QUOTE Of course, the cast of UHF is perfect.

i might have made a few changes... i wasn't too happy with David Bowe's performance, Fran Drescher's performance and the younger Fletcher

-jon
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Well, I wouldn't be interested in seeing Fran Drescher in anything else, but her performance in UHF was wonderful! And the young Fletcher was awesome too!

"But Daaaaad!"
rboy27
Obsessed

Post by rboy27 »

I think Rip Torn would be perfect. His voice is so....so....oh, you know the word.

-Rich, just Rich
Tim E. Tanga61
Die-hard Fan

Post by Tim E. Tanga61 »

Having just seen Bean, and wanting to see other movies strring Rowan Atkinson, I had to vote for him. He would have been better as other parts like Stanley, but I had to vote for him.
Phillipemoz
Occasional

Post by Phillipemoz »

Arnold Swarcheneger- U62 is turmintated!