Most risque/controversial song?

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Moneybags
Regular

Post by Moneybags »

The only song I've ever gone out of my way to skip (due to the presence of a younger audience) is "Truck Drivin' Song". So I'll have to go with that.
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

After columbine, Trigger Happy.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Jerry Springer.

Lots of people use cheesy pick-up lines. Al wrote his most controversial song for the most controversial show.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

I can't believe The Dingo forgot Alternative Polka. :sarcasm:

y is that contrvertial?
Shelley
Addicted

Post by Shelley »

Hey yeah, I agree that Alternative Polka should be on that list.. I count 8 of the songs in it that have a definate sexual conotation to them..

-Shelley
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

The only song I've ever gone out of my way to skip (due to the presence of a younger audience) is "Truck Drivin' Song". So I'll have to go with that.

yes...the only song that makes me cringe (but cringe in a good way, if there is a good way to cringe)

Sarah
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

These are just my opinions. You can still vote however you like. But I'm not changing any options in the poll.

About the Alternative Polka:

I considered it, but I didn't think it had enough to warrant being on a poll of this nature (Especially compared to it's non-Bohemaian predessescor). If he used any of the angrier sex lines from Alanis's "You Oughta Know", then, yes, it would be in here. But other than that, putting it in here for "pinging" you like an animal and a verse about date rape (STP's "Sex Type Thing" fro those who don't know<----I'm not saying those aren't controversial, but moreso for just NIN and STP) is like putting "Angry White Boy Polka" in just because the first two songs talk about suicide and death.

About Truck Driving Song:

I see this as offensive as "Gotta Boogie"...Offensive because they're too dumb for Al's genious :D . I don't see anything about this song that makes it contoversial (Although it would be a bit of a shock to see this guy driving down the highway)

About Good Old Days:

Yeah, I can see this. In fact, I originally had it as a poll option. But when you compare it to stuff like the last verse of"I Remember Larry", it just doesn't warrant mention on it's own. It's pretty shocking when you first hear it, but he's done other stuff like it.

But again, if you still want to vote for these songs, I won't stand in your way. I don't expect my opinions for not including these songs will change your minds. Just thought I'd explain myself.

spacedingo

Remembers when "Bang and Blame" came out. People were more shocked that REM knew words like that than offended.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

y is that contrvertial?
"I wanna (blank) you like an animal. I wanna feel you from the inside?"

Oh, I dunno. I can't imagine why that might have raised an eyebrow or two. :dontgetit:
About the Alternative Polka: I considered it...

Fair enough. But can you tell me why Polka Your Eyes Out?
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

about TDS.....I never think any of Al songs are very controversial, because the fact there is genious behind them....TDS is like the others, it just makes me cringe.....nipple rings are just wrong! and it's funny, because my brother totally flips during the song! and I take great pleasure in watching him squirm!

Sarah

and my mother used to be a truckdriver, so I ask her if she ever had a problems about her nails drying....she hates it!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Fair enough. But can you tell me why Polka Your Eyes Out?

Probably "Do me baby," the "Humpty Dance," and "I Touch Myself."

Although I agree that the "(clang!) you like an animal" line is more unmistakable.