Most risque/controversial song?

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Probably "Do me baby," the "Humpty Dance," and "I Touch Myself."

Oh, yeah. I guess those are done in such a cartoony polka voice that I just glaze right over them... (Scottidog wonders how many times she's sung those lyrics out loud where people might actually hear her...)
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Fair enough. But can you tell me why Polka Your Eyes Out?
Probably "Do me baby," the "Humpty Dance," and "I Touch Myself."

Although I agree that the "(clang!) you like an animal" line is more unmistakable.

And she's my cherry pie (I don't mean to make WOWAY NC-17, but if you listen to the other lyrics in that song, it's clearly not about pastry.

And if I know my hair bands, I believe Motley Crue isn't talking about a med school graduate with Dr. Feelgood.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
FloridaAlFan

Post by FloridaAlFan »

Trigger Happy....

"There's no feeling any greater than to.....Shoot First and Ask Questions Later"

Yep...pretty risky for Al...even though it is all in fun.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

I don't know if this one counts, but...

If I Could Make Love to a Bottle, anyone?
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

It might. But has anyone on the boards actually heard it. Besides Bermuda, I mean.

I'm still trying to find lyrics to Orgy On My Own, which might be a good one for this list too.

But of the ones on the poll, I voted for WBUL.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

And if I know my hair bands, I believe Motley Crue isn't talking about a med school graduate with Dr. Feelgood.

No, but they are talking about off-off-off-label pharmaceuticals.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

I don't know if this one counts, but...
If I Could Make Love to a Bottle, anyone?

I would think so....surprised it hadn't been mentioned until now.

How exactly are we defining "risque?" I'm asking because I just don't put some of those songs together as far as all pushing the content envelope or breaking Al's usual PG-esque humor.

When I hear a song like "Christmas At Ground Zero" or even "Good Old Days," I don't really react like, "OOOH! I can't believe he said that!!!" There was a time when I may have did a double take on the first listening of a word or two in "Jerry Springer," but I never thought the whole song was bordering on smutty or whatever.

Speaking of "Ground Zero," I never did understand why there was such resistance when it was released as a single. I mean, I know why radio stations refused to play it, but still I just can't understand that. Did some station in Ann Arbor or wherever really think playing this song was going to offend someone?? This was 1986...the Cold War was on the verge of ending, and any real threat of annihilation of either side was really decreasing at that point.

And I don't buy the idea that someone may have thought it was distasteful....was there this kind of mass reaction when "Grandma Got Runover By A Reindeer" was released?? We've had annual holiday traditions in which Santa beats up martians and dogs bark carols...was the idea of a post-nuclear Christmas really that evil of a fantasy? I'm surprised the concept hadn't been turned into a sci-fi movie already.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

We've had annual holiday traditions in which Santa beats up martians

Santa Conquers the Martians may very well be the best movie I have ever seen. The Martians had a clock labelled "Earth Time" for crying out loud!

for me, it was a toss-up between Jerry Springer and Wanna B Ur Lovr. I chose Jerry only because if you can actually hear the lyrics, it's a tad worse than Lovr.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

I'm still trying to find lyrics to Orgy On My Own, which might be a good one for this list too.

I know, me too. I don't think they're anywhere!

....is that an original?
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

It does confuse me as to why radio stations banned it, in a way I get it, but sometimes I just don't. I've heard Grandma Got Run Over a Reindeer and Walking Around in Women's Underwear on local radio stations during Christmas time here.

for me, it was a toss-up between Jerry Springer and Wanna B Ur Lovr. I chose Jerry only because if you can actually hear the lyrics, it's a tad worse than Lovr.

Well, I think it's kind of hard to keep a song squeaky clean when it's about the Jerry Springer show.

-CindyBob