Polka Tributes

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

autrefois
Die-hard Fan

Post by autrefois »

Um...the Beatles have already been in a polka...Polkas on 45, I believe. Al used Hey Jude.

You're right, sorry. (*is embarrassed*) Believe it or not I actually did try to verify that before I posted--I looked on another site that has a list of songs Al has parodied, listed by artist name. They only listed "Taxman" ("Pac Man") and "Free As A Bird" ("Gee I'm A Nerd"), both unreleased. So I guess they must not list the songs he's done polkas of.

Hopefully he will do a completely Beatles polka or a Beatles song by itself on the next album though.
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

AEROSMITH!!! Dude. dude, dude, dude looks like a lady. Janie got a gun. HEY!
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
wwerules
Occasional

Post by wwerules »

Let's face it: an Aerosmith polka would be the most electrifying polka in Al history!
#WelcomeHomeLeBron
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

AEROSMITH RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WALK THIS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!! TALK THIS WAY, WALK THIS WAAAAAY!!!!! K-k-k-kow-kow-kow-kow-kow kow kow k k k k kow. (See the Sum 41, Ja Rule and Nelly cover. (Sum does most of it, thank the Lord)
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
BillyW3
Occasional

Post by BillyW3 »

An Elvis polka would really crack me up! :lol:
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Yes they have, we're talking about a whole polka that tributes many Beatles songs, Like the Hot Rocks polka tributed the Rolling Stones.

And if he were to do a whole Beatles polka after already doing one song of their's in a previous polka, there's a prescedant to that. Al also did the Stone's Harlem Shuffle (Well, he said Harlem Polka) on Polka Party!
He also did Jumpin Jack flash on Polkas on 45

D'oh! I wasn't thinking! The cartoon cat from the old Harlem Shuffle video clouded my thoughts!
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

ABBA.... hmmm...

The "Mamma Mia Polka", The "Money Money Money Polka", The "Thank You For The Music Polka", The "Dancing Queen Polka", and so on...

"The Polka Takes It All", "Happy New Year Polka",... umm... "Polkaloo"?? :biggrin:

Anyway, ABBA polka would be just great! As well as the other European groups. Maybe someday? :huh:

BTW, ABBA is a palindrome. Hehe.

SEVA.
HappyBirthday1983
Occasional

Post by HappyBirthday1983 »

an offspring polka would rock. unfortunately they are HUGELY underrated and weird al has already done 1 parody and 1 concert parody by them. but they have quite a bit of material.

i believe someone mentioned this but i would like to see "the original polka" where he has a medley of his orginals, polka style!
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

If this thread was going on a few years ago during the retro-'70s fad of the '90s, Al could have done the "Stayin' Alive Polka" with disco songs.
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

I'd proabably want a Beatles polka out of those. The Beatles are a classic group and they do have a varriety of types of songs, so it wouldn't be too redundant. ABBA would be good too. And Led Zeppelin could have an interesting polka