Polka Tributes

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Kenny

Post by Kenny »

ABBA.... hmmm...

The "Mamma Mia Polka", The "Money Money Money Polka", The "Thank You For The Music Polka", The "Dancing Queen Polka", and so on...
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I can totally picture the end of that polka..."How can I leave this behind...this behind...this behind...BOOTYLICIOUS!"

Or not.

He MUST do a Beatles polka!!
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
autrefois
Die-hard Fan

Post by autrefois »

I'd love to see him do a Beatles polka, or better yet a parody. My guess is that he wouldn't get permission to do a Beatles polka or parody though: he didn't get permission to parody "Free As A Bird", and I'm sure he would have done a Beatles parody or polka version before if he could have: (almost) everyone knows the Beatles and it would probably be a really popular parody! He's a Beatles fan, too, and he's pictured with Paul McCartney in "Permanent Record". So unfortunately if he hasn't done one yet he probably won't. :(
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I can totally picture the end of that polka..."How can I leave this behind...this behind...this behind...BOOTYLICIOUS!"

Or not.

I knew I was forgetting at least one :D
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Katoot
Occasional

Post by Katoot »

Um...the Beatles have already been in a polka...Polkas on 45, I believe. Al used Hey Jude.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

I've already expressed my wish for a Beatles polka a while ago in another thread, but really any '60s group with a sizable amount of hits would do.....a Beach Boys Polka, a Monkees Polka, etc.
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

How about a Weezer tribute? The Hopeless Romantic Polka (no disprespect to weezer, I luv them! But they do tend to use that topic ALOT in their songs) Or a MArlyn Manson tribute (The Beautiful Polka)
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Um...the Beatles have already been in a polka...Polkas on 45, I believe. Al used Hey Jude.

Yes they have, we're talking about a whole polka that tributes many Beatles songs, Like the Hot Rocks polka tributed the Rolling Stones.

And if he were to do a whole Beatles polka after already doing one song of their's in a previous polka, there's a prescedant to that. Al also did the Stone's Harlem Shuffle (Well, he said Harlem Polka) on Polka Party!
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

How about a Weezer tribute? The Hopeless Romantic Polka (no disprespect to weezer, I luv them! But they do tend to use that topic ALOT in their songs) Or a MArlyn Manson tribute (The Beautiful Polka)

Somehow I doubt the probability of a Weezer Polka...since they made Al yank "Buddy Holly" from "The Alternative Polka" at the last minute.

~Allison
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

Yes they have, we're talking about a whole polka that tributes many Beatles songs, Like the Hot Rocks polka tributed the Rolling Stones.

And if he were to do a whole Beatles polka after already doing one song of their's in a previous polka, there's a prescedant to that. Al also did the Stone's Harlem Shuffle (Well, he said Harlem Polka) on Polka Party!

He also did Jumpin Jack flash on Polkas on 45