Favourite Long-Form Al Song

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Choose one.

Albuquerque
76%
Trapped In The Drive Thru
6%
Jackson Park Express
18%
Genius In France
No votes

Total votes: 17

Heds
Obsessed

Favourite Long-Form Al Song

Post by Heds »

So, what's your favourite?

I say Albuqerque. Outrageously long, outrageously funny and just outrageous :lol:
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: Favourite Long-Form Al Song

Post by anthontherun »

The only way I could possibly like "Albuquerque" more is if it were even longer. The first time I listened to it, when the narrator lost his train of thought and decided to wrap things up, I was so disappointed it was ending.
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

I really can't stand Trapped in the Drive Thru. I mean the concept of it is really funny - a long epic song about something so utterly mundane - but it really only warrants listening once, as far as I'm concerned. It just has very little replay value.

Genius in France is just too irregular and mixed up for me to listen to it comfortably. Though I do like all the myriad euphemisms for stupid that it contains.

As for the other two... I really like Jackson Park Express. It took a while to grow on me but I like the twisty turny creepiness of it - all the times a line starts off as something that could be genuinely romantic, only to turn marvelously weird halfway through.

But Albuquerque just has to be my favorite. It's just this brilliant mad crazy tale of crazy madness, told with such energy, only to forget what the original point was... it's pretty much the way I would tell stories if I did not edit myself and reign myself in. :lol: I have to give it top points just for that.
Love and peace.
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

Sappho wrote:I really can't stand Trapped in the Drive Thru. I mean the concept of it is really funny - a long epic song about something so utterly mundane - but it really only warrants listening once, as far as I'm concerned. It just has very little replay value.

Genius in France is just too irregular and mixed up for me to listen to it comfortably. Though I do like all the myriad euphemisms for stupid that it contains.

As for the other two... I really like Jackson Park Express. It took a while to grow on me but I like the twisty turny creepiness of it - all the times a line starts off as something that could be genuinely romantic, only to turn marvelously weird halfway through.

But Albuquerque just has to be my favorite. It's just this brilliant mad crazy tale of crazy madness, told with such energy, only to forget what the original point was... it's pretty much the way I would tell stories if I did not edit myself and reign myself in. :lol: I have to give it top points just for that.
I second pretty much all of your thoughts (although I personally like Trapped In The Drive-Thru).
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Albuquerque. Wailing guitar fills and vocals are where it's at but Genius In France was a close call. If I knew nobody else would have I would have voted for it. Oh well, seeing Albuquerque live here in Ottawa was a special highlight of my life! Nearly 10 years ago, damn.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

Albuquerque. Where is Twine Ball? I count it as a long song
mswirtz
Occasional

Post by mswirtz »

YankoSwag 8888 wrote:Albuquerque. Where is Twine Ball? I count it as a long song
Yes! Being from Minnesota, it's my favorite [emoji3] but I do like Albuquerque a lot!
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

YankoSwag 8888 wrote:Albuquerque. Where is Twine Ball? I count it as a long song
If we were being quite lenient, the list would have to include others such as

- Nature Trail to Hell (5:50)
- Twine Ball (6:48)
- Wanna B Ur Lovr (6:14)
- Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me (5:42)

The poll is simply made up of the RIDICULOUSLY long-form songs, ones that go above the 8 minute mark, so none of the above (including Twine Ball) would meet the criteria
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic