The Weird Al Radio Game

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Muldernscully
Addicted

The Weird Al Radio Game

Post by Muldernscully »

I play this silly game from time to time in my car when a Weird Al parody original comes on. I try to see how many consecutive Weird Al parodies I can listen to. Unfortunately, it usually doesn't last too long. I think I usually max out at 2 songs. Today, however, I had a bit of luck. I was listening to 'More than Words' by Extreme which is the obvious inspiration to 'YDLMA'. After it ended, I changed the channel and hit 'I Love Rock 'n Roll, then Royals by Lorde, followed by TLC's 'Waterfalls'. Finally, I heard 'Need You Now' by Lady Antebellum which is on his Polka Face medley. So, expanding the game to songs connected to Weird Al by being style inspirations or in his polka medleys, I hit 5 songs in a row.

Have any of you ever played anything like this? If so, how many consecutive Weird Al-connected songs did you get?
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: The Weird Al Radio Game

Post by Big Spoon »

I've done that before, too My current record is 57 songs in a row! :ttr:
And Peggy
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

I have played a game like this for a while. Before the trip starts, each passenger has to make a guess of how many originals we will hear. An original version of an Al parody counts as one, a song from a polka medley counts as half a point, and an artist whom he has done a style parody of also counts as half a point. Whoever is closest to the number of points by the end of the trip wins!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Big Spoon wrote:I've done that before, too My current record is 57 songs in a row! :ttr:
Are you pulling my leg? :stern: Was this just random radio listening or were listening to the Sirius/XM Weird Al Parody Target Channel?
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Muppetboy09 wrote:I have played a game like this for a while. Before the trip starts, each passenger has to make a guess of how many originals we will hear. An original version of an Al parody counts as one, a song from a polka medley counts as half a point, and an artist whom he has done a style parody of also counts as half a point. Whoever is closest to the number of points by the end of the trip wins!
Cool game. Thanks for sharing! So, if you guess 5 & someone else guesses 6, but the point total is 5.5, who wins?
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Muldernscully wrote:Are you pulling my leg? :stern: Was this just random radio listening or were listening to the Sirius/XM Weird Al Parody Target Channel?
Not pulling your leg at all! I was listening to a single station, but yeah, they were doing a Weird Al parody target special at the time.
Last edited by Big Spoon on Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Big Spoon wrote:they were doing a Weird Al parody target special at the time.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: With Big Spoon, there's always a catch!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Corey
Off The Deep End
Awards: 2015 Best Al Man (-18)

Post by Corey »

I don't recall ever hearing any in a row, but I've heard several in one day.

I was actually at work yesterday and in a hallway where janitors were working, they had radios turned on. One was playing "She Drives Me Crazy" by Fine Young Cannibals and the other was playing T.I.'s "Whatever You Like" at the same time. Does that count?
6/30/15
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

Muppetboy09 wrote:An original version of an Al parody counts as one, a song from a polka medley counts as half a point, and an artist whom he has done a style parody of also counts as half a point.
What if Al parodied the video of the song, but did not parody or polkafy the song itself (such as "Welcome To The Jungle" or Soul Asylum's "Runaway Train")?
WeirdDana27
Addicted

Post by WeirdDana27 »

Such a great idea! I don't listen to the radio very much, but it's human nature for me to sing Al's words to myself to a song he has parodied if I'm in the supermarket and hear the original version of one of his parodies on the radio. I did, however, attend a friend's birthday party where we did karaoke, and since the catalogue had no Al songs in it, I'd submit requests for the original versions and sing Al's words; I ended up doing "I Lost on Jeopardy," "Headline News," "Smells Like Nirvana," and a few others!