The Weird Al Radio Game

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: The Weird Al Radio Game

Post by Killingsworth »

Last week on 97.3 KBCO, I heard "Semi Charmed Life" by Third Eye Blind (see "Polka Power") and "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons back to back.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

Soul Asylum's "Runaway Train" followed by "Satisfaction."
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

Muldernscully wrote:I play this silly game from time to time in my car when a Weird Al parody original comes on. I try to see how many consecutive Weird Al parodies I can listen to. Unfortunately, it usually doesn't last too long. I think I usually max out at 2 songs. Today, however, I had a bit of luck. I was listening to 'More than Words' by Extreme which is the obvious inspiration to 'YDLMA'. After it ended, I changed the channel and hit 'I Love Rock 'n Roll, then Royals by Lorde, followed by TLC's 'Waterfalls'. Finally, I heard 'Need You Now' by Lady Antebellum which is on his Polka Face medley. So, expanding the game to songs connected to Weird Al by being style inspirations or in his polka medleys, I hit 5 songs in a row.

Have any of you ever played anything like this? If so, how many consecutive Weird Al-connected songs did you get?
"I Live In America" and "Smells Like Teen Spirit" were on Absolute 80's and the flagship Absolute Radio stations respectively today. I dunno if any others were on... I was only listening to the two stations during a thunderstorm to block it out (Because CRAP, here in Scotland those things are scary!)
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

"Livin' In America"? I hear many songs Al has done on the radio on a day to day basis. Today I heard "Another One Bites The Dust" and "Under The Bridge" back to back.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Is "Black Dog" acceptable for this game?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Yes

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

mellow weasel wrote:
WeirdDana27 wrote: I did, however, attend a friend's birthday party where we did karaoke, and since the catalogue had no Al songs in it, I'd submit requests for the original versions and sing Al's words; I ended up doing "I Lost on Jeopardy," "Headline News," "Smells Like Nirvana," and a few others!
I sometimes wish I had friends that do karaoke parties just so I can do this. Since Al only use popular songs for parodies, they must be in any standard karaoke catalogue.
I was actually at a karaoke event with several Al songs in the catalogue. I chose "The Saga Begins." The lyrics onscreen and the music were off by like half a beat, so that distracted me a little. And I was pretty drunk too. But by the time I got to the first chorus, everyone was dancing and singing along. It was beautiful.
WeirdDana27
Addicted

Post by WeirdDana27 »

Don't you love when that happens? I find that if there's enough of a crowd, "Tacky" gets the best response :)
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

"Bohemian Rhapsody" followed by "Should I Stay Or Should I Go."
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Currently "King of Pain" followed by "Happy." Waiting to hear what comes next!
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia