Mandatory Fun Survivor R10 (Penultimate Round)

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Which is the worst song remaining?

Handy
58%
NOW That's What I Call Polka!
6%
Tacky
36%

Total votes: 33

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: Mandatory Fun Survivor R10 (Penultimate Round)

Post by anthontherun »

A sudden burst of voters (or should I say "voter") comes out full-force for "Tacky," who saw that coming :rolleyes:
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

anthontherun wrote:A sudden burst of voters (or should I say "voter") comes out full-force for "Tacky," who saw that coming :rolleyes:
Whaaaa...about an hour ago, Tacky had 5 votes...what the heck?
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

If Handy, one of my least favorite songs on the album, makes it to the final two, so help me god, I will smurfin' kill a kitten.
And Peggy
Burger
Regular

Post by Burger »

POLKA POLKA POLKA!
Currently serving one year in grammar school for word crimes
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Muppetboy09 wrote:Whaaaa...about an hour ago, Tacky had 5 votes...what the heck?
This is why I'm always saying it's someone messing around, not an actual sudden surge of support. A member signed on and off from multiple accounts to hike up the tally in order to annoy everyone else.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Burger
Regular

Post by Burger »

TMBJon wrote:
Muppetboy09 wrote:Whaaaa...about an hour ago, Tacky had 5 votes...what the heck?
This is why I'm always saying it's someone messing around, not an actual sudden surge of support. A member signed on and off from multiple accounts to hike up the tally in order to annoy everyone else.
I think this could be fixed by finding accounts with the same IP and ban the one with a lower post count.
Currently serving one year in grammar school for word crimes
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Burger wrote:I think this could be fixed by finding accounts with the same IP and ban the one with a lower post count.
Given mods can see IPs. Can they?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

As far as I can tell, I can only see the IP an account was registered from, and I can't do a reverse search to see if multiple accounts were registered from the same one. Maybe the admins (or another more tech-savvy mod) can figure it out?
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

at what point do we think fake accounts were created? What's happening with Handy isn't much different than what happened with Sports Song, is it? And the only time the number of total votes went up noticeably (from 43 to 49) was in round 6 when Sports Song was finally voted out. Or in round 2 when the total votes went from 30 to 40 to vote out Mission Statement.

If we could nail down a round where things went awry, looking at the new member list might point to a series of new members that could have their IPs checked. if you guys really care that much, do some research on this.

I know Jon has suggested a plug-in or something that shows who's voting for what. that would be great, although it's a little late now. Unless it works on all previous polls.

:wacko: :rolleyes: :foil: :accordion: :tacky: where's that leafblower smiley?
taste is only something if it is yours.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Well, Well, Well wrote:Or in round 2 when the total votes went from 30 to 40 to vote out Mission Statement.
I think this is where things went awry. Checking the new member list around that time (and the week before) is not a bad idea. It's also possible that more accounts were created in the weeks that followed (going up to the round with 49 votes).

My idea regarding the new poll plug-in is definitely not something that would resolve this particular Survivor poll, as you'd have to select it before starting a poll (the same way you have to enable vote-changing now). But perhaps it would restore faith that ALL polls on the forum are not going to be totally corrupted if there was some transparency moving forward.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.