Ultimate Video Ranking Survey

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Skippy
Addicted

Re: Ultimate Video Ranking Survey

Post by Skippy »

TMBJon wrote:How much better could the Bob video have been though? I've always thought the resentment against the Bob video is 100% due to the fact that, at the time, it felt like a consolation prize for not getting a Couch Potato video. It still stands alone as an awesome video for what it is.
I really think that's the only possible concept for the "Bob" video. As far as the general public goes, that's the only thing anyone will ever think of when they think of a Bob Dylan video. So it absolutely had to be be that concept. It would have been nice to see Al come up with some kind of sight gags for it, but I realize that's asking a lot from such a limited setting.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

I enjoy the Bob video just because of the reference to the Dylan video. Yeah, it's not "jokey", but it's fun for what it is. (I'm also a huge fan of the song.) I ranked it decently high when I voted.
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Part of the hate was that many people didnt feel it was a proper video since it was made for Altv and never aired outside of that. It really was the only thing you could do. Although if it was done now i see it being done like word crimes
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

I can't say I'm a huge fan of any of the bottom ten videos.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

42. Living With a Hernia
Average Rating: 5.64

41. Ringtone
Average Rating: 5.7

(TIE) 39. Another Tattoo
Average Rating: 5.81

(TIE) 39. Polka Face
Average Rating: 5.81

38. I'll Sue Ya
Average Rating: 5.82

37. Spy Hard
Average Rating: 5.86

(TIE) 35. Close But No Cigar
Average Rating: 5.89

(TIE) 35. Ricky
Average Rating: 5.89

34. Weasel Stomping Day
Average Rating: 6

33. This is the Life
Average Rating: 6.07

32. Skipper Dan
Average Rating: 6.11

------------

My thoughts: I feel like "Ringtone" got robbed. I know it's not the most popular song on Alpocalypse, but I think it's one of the most successful animated videos he commissioned. "I'll Sue Ya" is stronger than some of the other animated videos too. I'd put "Ricky" higher too--I really can't put my finger on why it ranked so low. It may not have a lot of laugh-out-loud moments (although I love the repeated shot of Fred spilling his beer, and the ironing part is great) but it's a perfect example of a video elevating the song.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

It's a complete joke that Living With A Hernia is ranked so low. It's really one of the best lead single videos.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Definitely agree with anth on the Ringtone video - was ranked pretty high on my list, actually. And I also really love the Living With A Hernia video. Plus, SKIPPER DAN! How'd it get ranked so low??? Easily my favorite song of Al's! And I know this is based on the videos, but I really liked the video for it, too! Fit the song so well.
And Peggy
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

LWaH is visually one of the most spot on parodies he did. Thats what was great about the 80s videos, he really nailed the look.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

minnick27 wrote:LWaH is visually one of the most spot on parodies he did. Thats what was great about the 80s videos, he really nailed the look.
Holy cow....you know something, I just realized I've never even seen the original "Living In America" music video! I've always liked Al's version (and I ranked it relatively high), but I never got around to finding the LIA video to compare it. I just checked it out on YouTube, and wow. . .LWAH really is an excellent parody of the original vid! My estimation of Al's vid is even higher now.
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

I suppose it'll make sense with what places higher that these are so low, but pleanty of these are good videos. Living With A Hernia, Spy Hard, CBNC and Ricky... Man.

Something tells me that people are ranking based on whether they like the song (And if it's animated)
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.