Guess the Videos Contest 2014 (No Más Spoiler Tags)

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Guess the Videos Contest 2014 (No Más Spoiler Tags)

Post by CharlesNelson »

We know the 12 song titles. We know there will be eight videos debuted over eight days. Based off this information alone, can any of us guess which songs will have videos debuting between July 14-21?

I propose a game similar to Killingsworth's Guess the Parodies and Guess the Polka games. I know some people are staying out of the Mandatory Fun speculation thread to keep avoiding spoilers for the next two weeks, so I marked this "Spoilers Tagged Here" in the title as a warning. Just to be extra safe, let's for now keep our guesses tagged, and we can take the spoiler tags off tomorrow when the tracklist hits the US iTunes.

The game: All you have to do is guess what video will debut each day! First, 10 points for each song you guess correctly as having a video. Then, if you guess the video's premiere date correctly, 15 points. That means if you guess a video for song X will debut on July 15 and a video for song X does debut on July 15, you're getting 25 points total for that.

No bonus points for getting an order right if they are not the right dates. If you guess videos X and Y will premiere on the 14th and 15th, but they premiere in the same order on the 19th and 20th instead, too bad! You'd still get the 10 points per song for getting the songs right but that's it.

Only one submission per member, but you may edit your submission as much as you want before the deadline. I'll set the deadline to enter at Saturday, July 5, 11:59 p.m. Pacific time. If we get any news or leaks before the deadline about what videos will premiere when, you may all change your submissions accordingly rather than me cutting off new submissions prematurely (sort of like how everyone knew Al was parodying "Fancy" going into Guess the Parodies).

To review: 10 points for each song you guess right, 15 more if you guess it on the right date, a total of 200 points to be had if you're Little Miss Perfect. OK?

I'll start us off with my submission. Again, please use spoiler tags if you post tonight, but we'll take them off tomorrow-America time.

July 14: "Mission Statement"
July 15: "Handy"
July 16: "Sports Song"
July 17: "My Own Eyes"
July 18: "Foil"
July 19: "Lame Claim to Fame"
July 20: "First World Problems"
July 21: "Word Crimes"
Last edited by CharlesNelson on Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Re: Guess the Videos Contest 2014 (Spoilers Tagged Here)

Post by mrmeadows »

July 14: "Sports Song"
July 15: "Handy"
July 16: "First World Problems"
July 17: "Word Crimes"
July 18: "Mission Statement"
July 19: "Foil"
July 20: "My Own Eyes"
July 21: "Tacky"
Last edited by mrmeadows on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

July 14 - Lame Claim to Fame
July 15 - Word Crimes
July 16 - Mission Statement
July 17 - My Own Eyes
July 18 - Handy
July 19 - First World Problems
July 20 - Sports Song
July 21 - Jackson Park Express

NOTE: This post was edited ONLY to remove the spoiler tags. I have not changed any of my guesses.
Last edited by Bruce the Duck on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Dammit, you beat me to it! Oh well, here goes nothing...

July 14: Sports Song
July 15: Handy
July 16: Tacky
July 17: Lame Claim To Fame
July 18: Word Crimes
July 19: Mission Statement
July 20: Foil
July 21: First World Problems
Last edited by Killingsworth on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Re: Guess the Videos Contest 2014 (No Más Spoiler Tags)

Post by mrmeadows »

Should we do bonus points for guessing which videos will be live-action vs. animated? Which reminds me: do we even know for sure what the ratio of live-to-animated videos will be? (Possible we do, but I missed it....so much info flying around, it's hard to keep up!)
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I think we learned we're getting two live action videos, with the rest being animated.
And Peggy
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

And it's likely one live action video is for "Handy" and one is for an original.
CharlesNelson
Regular

Post by CharlesNelson »

Big Spoon wrote:I think we learned we're getting two live action videos, with the rest being animated.
I thought we were getting three live-action - the Fancy parody, the MC Lars' apartment/possibly SCOTS style parody, and the Funny or Die/college marching band one (probably Sports Song).

So there are at least 3 live-action and 8 vids in all, but no, we don't know for sure what the ratio will be. Since we're almost positive that Handy and Sports Song have live-action videos... but I guess we don't know for SURE.... eh, fine. Let's do 5 bonus points each if you guess whether it's live-action or animated, since that's basically a 50/50 chance.
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
CharlesNelson
Regular

Post by CharlesNelson »

Well since none of us added animated/live-action to our posts, let's just drop that idea.

:lockit:

Thin competition among mrmeadows, Bruce the Duck, Killingsworth and myself.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Okay, this probably won't count for me anymore, but I'm changing my guesses.

1. Mon. July 14 - "Sports Song" - Live action
2. Tues. July 15 - "Tacky" - Live Action
3. Wed. July 16 - "My Own Eyes" - Animated
4. Thurs. July 17 - "Word Crimes" - TruScribe Animation
5. Fri. July 18 - "Lame Claim to Fame - Live action
6. Sat. July 19 - "First World Problems" - Animated
7. Sun. July 20 - "Jackson Park Express" - Animated
8. Mon. July 21 - "Handy" - Live action