Game ideas

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

My only problem is there's just too many. We should've stuck to one ALbum at a time....
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

My only problem is there's just too many. We should've stuck to one ALbum at a time....

I agree. I thought that was the original plan. We'd go through one album at a time. But when I got back the board was filled with survivors. Next time I'm leaving a babysitter.

Anyway, I've got another complaint about the survivors. Round 2 voting is starting while round 1 voting is still open. Before you move on to a new round, you need to either post that voting is over and you want the topic locked, or send a PM to Whizzi, Scottidog, or myself and ask us to lock the topic.

Only once the previous round is locked should you start the next round.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.

Post by Teh Dingo »

Notice that all the survivors popped up when both you and Scotti were away? :D
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

See Dave? I told you to stay home and mind the Forum... :P
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Well, I volunteered instead of all 27 songs, do the winning Survivor songs and all do one big survivor. One a week voted off.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
rboy27
Obsessed

Post by rboy27 »

Anyway, I've got another complaint about the survivors. Round 2 voting is starting while round 1 voting is still open. Before you move on to a new round, you need to either post that voting is over and you want the topic locked, or send a PM to Whizzi, Scottidog, or myself and ask us to lock the topic.

Dave

But I don't want to be a bother. :P
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.

Post by Teh Dingo »

Gee....How about 'Survivor' Survivor? :sarcasm:
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Could this topic be moved over to Polls/Games? It just seems like with all the suggestions it would fit better.

Mike
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

To Dave and the 2-at-a-time naysayers...

What I suggested was that all the survivors can do two at a time up until the last three or four candidates. Here's why...

Let's say the winner for "In 3-D" Survivor was going to be Eat It. That means the group consensus here is that Eat It is the best song on the album. That isn't going to change with the first 60% of the voting. It's not possible for Eat It to get knocked off if it was supposed to be number one. The rest of the songs don't matter, we are only concerned with the winner. Once it gets down the the last 3 or 4 then it should go one per week.

i think... :sleepy:

-jon
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

My example still holds true no matter what round you are in or how many songs are left.

In reality, you're probably right. But in theory it is possible for, using your example, "Eat It" to be voted off in one of the early rounds, even in the first round.

Part of my job involves me being an analyst and tester, so I'm automatically programmed to think through every scenario completely and look for flaws, and make suggestions when I see a better way to implement something. Don't take it personally.

It's your poll, so handle it however you want. It's hardly scientific and it's just for fun anyway. There will always be a little doubt in my mind on survivor polls that vote off more than one at a time, but at the same time, I haven't seen any songs booted out of survivor polls that I felt wouldn't have been booted off eventually anyway.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!