Have You Ever Downloaded One Of Al's Songs?

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

mewrio @ Dec 7 2003, 04:24 PM wrote: And that is possible, how?
As with just about every new CD, people got copies of PH before the release date and MP3s were made and shared, even publically, if you knew where to look. Those people got them either through promo copies or music stores that sold copies to their customers or employees before the official release date.

No advance copies were posted here, and if they were, it was removed immediately and whoever posted it was warned, but there was a spoiler topic for those who did manage to hear PH before the release day to discuss.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Yep, Dave's right. Someone on this board (I forget what his name was) got Poodle Hat about 2 days before the release date, and he made MP3s...and shared them on this very board. I couldn't resist...
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryWhitePolkaBoy
Occasional

Post by AngryWhitePolkaBoy »

i DL one Yoda...cause it was the first werid al song i ever heard...i am going to buy it sooo...don't yell at me LOL
Karmus

Post by Karmus »

Downloaded all his songs + many unreleased/rare/live. Wish I could buy them all instead. :(
"Play fair, no scare!" - Karmus
"Life is strange. People come, people go. And all you got left are memories..." - Dualtrax
squishsquashgirl
Obsessed

Post by squishsquashgirl »

It's hard being an Al fan in another country. You face a dialemma- how to listen to Al's music without downloading? That's why I am desperate to buy every single al-bum before I move back to the UK.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Sometimes it can be hard being a Weird Al fan in this country. There's almost nobody at my school that likes Weird Al and because of my strong Al-oholicness I've lost all of my friends and found a nice little resting spot at the bottom of the food chain but that's really alright with me. It's worth it!
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WEIRDALFAN27
Addicted

Post by WEIRDALFAN27 »

Of cours I downloaded tons of Al songs but it was just before I bought the Cd so you all can't yell at me :P :lol:

Steve 8)
¿
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

iisryan27 @ Jan 10 2004, 06:46 PM wrote: Sometimes it can be hard being a Weird Al fan in this country. There's almost nobody at my school that likes Weird Al and because of my strong Al-oholicness I've lost all of my friends and found a nice little resting spot at the bottom of the food chain but that's really alright with me. It's worth it!
Oh that's too bad. Just take heart in knowing that now you have all of us. My friends are used to me being a weird al junkie, they find it amusing.
Cid
%
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Hi, I'm James, and I'm a former Hooligan. :)

I downloaded a few Al songs (some were his, some were not as I later learned). I was buying the ALbums during the time. Now, I got rid of my downloading program and the downloads (erased on an old computer I got rid of), and decided to give Al the green he deserves.
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

kidcid @ Jan 13 2004, 01:51 AM wrote:
iisryan27 @ Jan 10 2004, 06:46 PM wrote: Sometimes it can be hard being a Weird Al fan in this country. There's almost nobody at my school that likes Weird Al and because of my strong Al-oholicness I've lost all of my friends and found a nice little resting spot at the bottom of the food chain but that's really alright with me. It's worth it!
Oh that's too bad. Just take heart in knowing that now you have all of us. My friends are used to me being a weird al junkie, they find it amusing.
Cid
At my current school people don't mind me being an Al fan (I even know someone who's more of a fan than I am!) However, at previous schools that was not the case, where everyone else listened to DMX (yech, he's just as bad as Coolio, probably worse), Vanilla Ice and Ludacris.
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;