Sexy Al Photo

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

jedimom
Addicted

Post by jedimom »

Is the vote over? Vote now u p to 27 with Shades still winning..(I was #27 hee hee)

Funny how both contenders are from the same photo shoot
alexina
Addicted

Post by alexina »

Yes, it should definitely be on the Mothership!!!

Can we submit a little press release to them? I've written press releases before. It should say something like this:

WOWAY - December 5: 

After X weeks of voting, the photograph titled "Shades Yankovic" has been named "Sexiest Al Photo!"  The members of the "World of Weird Al Yankovic Forum" selected it from a pool of X entries, including such fierce competitors as "[insert name here]" and "[insert name here]."  Despite much agonizing by Al fans, "Shades" emerged victorious.

Al fan Alexina, who first proposed the "Sexiest Al Photo" contest, said, "Although it was a tough decision, I'm really happy that Shades won. It's a very sexy picture. Lots of people don't think of Al in the context of sexiness, but maybe if they saw this photo the way we do, they'd agree!"

[Insert quotes from other WOWAY folks, including WHiZZi here]

[Insert quote from a WOWAY guy who thought the contest was stupid, just for character]

[Then, in an ideal world, we would insert a reaction quote from Al here! Something about it being an honor and a privilege to serve... he he he.]

The winning photograph can be found at http://www.weirdal.com/xxxxx.  The first runner-up was "Close-up Al," follwed closely by second runner-up "Pentiums Al" and third runner-up "Accordion Al." 

The entire pool of candidates is available at http://xxxxxxxxxx, and links to each round of voting can be found at http://[this doesnt exist yet, but someone should make a list with links to each round for posterity!].com. 

###

Help me fill in the blanks, people! Think journalistic-style writing. I'm optimistic that if we submit a good press release to the Mothership, they just might publish it as-is. :thumbsup:
Dread Pirate Bonney
alexina
Addicted

Post by alexina »

jedimom @ Dec 5 2003, 02:44 PM wrote: Is the vote over? Vote now u p to 27 with Shades still winning..(I was #27  hee hee)

Funny how both contenders are from the same photo shoot
Well, technically, we had a bit of a methodological error there. The reason those two were the finalists was because they were not voted upon separately in the previous rounds; they were considered as a unit.

To be fair, we really should have voted on them separately from the start. Who knows -- one of them might *not* have been the first runner-up.

I demand a recount! :angry: I am morally opposed to dangling chads. Someone here has been disenfranchised, I'm sure of it! Let's start over. ;)

Alexina
Dread Pirate Bonney
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Actually, we could start with a whole new batch of pics, since we didn't get any Germs nominations. I'm sure we could come up with 10 or so new pics that would be the 2004 Sexiest Al photos...

I'm willing to sort through pictures again. Shelley? Maria? Fred?
alexina
Addicted

Post by alexina »

Hmmm... then, after we have had a few different complete sets of Sexy Al Photo poll, we could have a Grand Sexy Al Photo poll, where we select a winner from amongst all winners! :D

BTW, Scotti, did you see my "press release" idea?

:D Alex
Dread Pirate Bonney
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I did. Very clever. I'm not feeling all that creative, so I don't have anything to add at the moment.
alexina
Addicted

Post by alexina »

Well, allow me to interview you, then.

How do you feel about the results of the Sexy Al Photo contest? What did you like or dislike about it? As a moderator, how do you feel about this kind of reckless abandon amongst Al's female fans?

:P Alexina
Dread Pirate Bonney
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

How do you feel about the results of the Sexy Al Photo contest?

Oh, it was fixed from the beginning. What AL-gal in her right mind wouldn't think the Pentiums look isn't the Sexiest look? I admit we didn't pick the absolute best picture as a representative, we really should have included the goatee, but it's still his best look to date.

What did you like or dislike about it?

There was a serious lack of Silver Suitage going on in the "Shades Yankovic" photo. But on the plus side, it did have the goatee (which is always sexy.) It was reminiscent of the MSS look with the beautiful silver car and the sexy sunglasses. In the end, it was my choice and I'm gratified that the AL-gals finally came to their senses and voted with me.

As a moderator, how do you feel about this kind of reckless abandon amongst Al's female fans?

WAY drooling is just good clean fun. :lol:
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

WAY drooling is just good clean fun. 

It is? I dunno...think of all the Germs...

Germs...

Ooooo.

*goes to the drool topic*

-CindyBob
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Germs?

Can I change my vote? Why, oh why didn't we include Germs? Say it with me now... Stupid! We're soooo Stupid!!