Rock Hall Likelihood?

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Interestingly enough, it's very reasonable to believe that Dr. Demento would get in before Al (The doctor being in the non performer catagory) if his work as a blues historian gets coupled with his more famous profession.

And if Demento gets in, Al would pretty much be a shoe in eventually.
Weird Alan
Regular

Post by Weird Alan »

But I don't understand if...the commitee members only get one vote? Cause then U2 would basically eat them all up in the near future. I'll hafta read into it.
Weird Alan
Regular

Post by Weird Alan »

Performers
Artists become eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first record. Criteria include the influence and significance of the artist’s contributions to the development and perpetuation of rock and roll.

The Foundation’s nominating committee, composed of rock and roll historians, selects nominees each year in the Performer category. Ballots are then sent to an international voting body of about 1,000 rock experts. Those performers who receive the highest number of votes, and more than 50 percent of the vote, are inducted. The Foundation generally inducts five to seven performers each year.

Alright...so...if we had a list of who was eligable next year, this would be easier to predict.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Alright...so...if we had a list of who was eligable next year, this would be easier to predict.
hence, my request to find the 30 semi-finalists.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

While I think Al has certainly contributed to the "perpetuation of rock and roll" and as of next year fits "the 25 years since first record" rule, it's the voting body of 1000 rock experts that worries me. Here it becomes political and the liklihood of his induction drops into the abyss.

El

~has little faith in international rock experts~
Weird Alan
Regular

Post by Weird Alan »

But...does this mean that U2 will get 90% of the vote, and then whoever is 2nd-5th gets in too? Or do the members get multiple votes like the baseball hall of fame?
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I'll be a good optimistic fan and say yes. We can all hope that the judging panel will have a good sense of humor.

-CindyBob
daybreaker

Post by daybreaker »

When is U2 eligible?

REM becomes eligible in 2005, right? I think it'd be one heck of a show if Al, U2 and REM all get inducted the same year.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Each person on the committee votes for their top 3 choices and anyone who gets over 50% can get in up to 7 performers.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

U2 is eligible in 2005.