Al songs on non-Al shows

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Al songs on non-Al shows

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Well, hey, there have to be some.

I was watching a show called "Callifornia Connected" on the local PBS station tonight, and they did a story on a Muslim comedian and a rabbi/comedian who were doing standup together.

Sure enough, they used a couple of lines from "Pretty Fly For A Rabbi" in the background soundtrack.

The rabbi said, "Comedy is humanizing," and made the point that it's very hard to be hostile toward someone you've just been guffawing with.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

It's been a couple of months, but I saw a story on a news program (I think on Foxnews) the story was about cable tv and they played Al & Cable TV in the background.

I don't know if it counts, but one of the Rock The House commercials has Al's accordion in the background, but the song escapes me right now. It wasn't an ad particularly promoting the Al ep.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

A couple off the top of my head....

Gallagher (ugh!) used "Eat It" during the credits of his "Melon Crazy" special.

And back when the "Nutty Professor" remake came out, "Entertainment Tonight" did a segment on Eddie Murphy's make-up in the film....using a certain "Fat" song.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I have a feeling when we put our heads together, we're going to come up with a pretty impressive list. And we're not even talking about Randy Newman!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: Al songs on non-Al shows

Post by Elvis »

Well off the top of my head, a local radio station used "Eat It" for a news report on obesity. I understand Rush Limbaugh plays "Spatula City" from time to time as filler for stations who don't provide there own commercials. MTV used "Eat It" in their Best of Spring Break show.

I'm sure if I went through my tapes I could come up with more.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Al songs on non-Al shows

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

QUOTE Well off the top of my head, a local radio station used \"Eat It\" for a news report on obesity. What a strange place to broadcast from. :dontgetit:

I guess they didn't know about "Grapefruit Diet."

QUOTE  I understand Rush Limbaugh plays \"Spatula City\" from time to time as filler for stations who don't provide there own commercials. Yeah, a friend told me too that Mr. Limbaugh uses Spatula City. I don't know from personal experience, but it's a pretty reliable friend.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I have heard Spatula City on a local talk station as a filler.

I don't know if it counts, but I hear references to Conan The Librarian fairly often on the talk radio too.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

An old (mid-late 80s) episode of Saturday Night Live played "Eat It" in an otherwise awful sketch about two contrasting college roomates.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

RON Popeil had the audience sing along to Mr. Popeil on one of his infomercials. Had lyrics on the bottom of the screen...
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

QUOTE RON Popeil had the audience sing along to Mr. Popeil on one of his infomercials. Had lyrics on the bottom of the screen...

Yes, I saw that particular...uh...program. The lady...uh...headbanging? (I think) was a nice touch. Let's never talk about this again :)
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?