The Authorized Al on Pawn Stars

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Re: The Authorized Al on Pawn Stars

Post by algonacchick »

$55 in rough shape, Kevbo? I corrected what I said about mine upthread (Initially I said $0 - didn't see that error) I wish!! I paid around $40, maybe slightly more (like $2 more, I think), and mine's not in great shape, either.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I'm just baffled by $425 though. I don't remember seeing them go for much more than $50-60, although I'm sure there have been some examples...but $425? That just seems too out there.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Well there is one on eBay for over $200 right now. But that has 15 bids. I honestly see someone putting a copy on ebay with a minimum of $5-600. I personally just got one for $75 on abebooks.com, where there is also a $700 copy
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

This episode is called "Silent And Deadly", and can be viewed here. The book shows up at about the 18:50 mark.
barsmart

Post by barsmart »

Hey - I'm the guy who sold the Weird Al book last night on Pawn Stars, the episode is called "Silent and Deadly" and I believe it will re-air tonight at 9:30 and is already up on the history.com website.

A lot of the show is fake I'm sure. I have no doubt that all of Rick's "buddies" who come in to verify signatures and the authenticity of weapons had no idea who Rick was before the pilot episode of the show.

However, Rick actually did know a lot about Weird Al, and between takes talked about how he used to listen to Dr. Demento every Sunday night when he was a kid (just like I did) so his love for Weird Al was genuine I'm happy to say.

Is the book worth $425? No. It's worth a lot more on Amazon.com or even eBay.com if you check their closed auctions from time to time - and those books rarely even have their condition graded. I'm sure I could have got an easy $700 for it if I put some more work into selling it - but then again - I wanted to be on TV more than I wanted to make money off of a book a friend gave me for free.
sandmel27

Post by sandmel27 »

$425!!! Awesome! Mine is good condition, not the best (got it from my aunt a few years ago). Though the price might go up a litte having Al's signature, along with my name, on it? :think:
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
barsmart

Post by barsmart »

His signature alone would make it a lot more valuable - but your name on it actually makes the signature kind of a wash on the whole signature thing - it personalizes the item more than it legitimizes it. Unless of course, you too are famous.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

I have never seen that show before just now but that guy next to the buyer reminded me of Horatio Sanz in that SNL skit he would do with Jimmy Fallon when they did their web show lol.

That is the most i have ever seen of that book. if i could afford it i would go onto ebay right now and pay whatever i have to for it. i hope i am somehow able to find it because i really want it now
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
jbracciante
Addicted

Post by jbracciante »

I bought PATW on CD, The Authorized Al, and the Placebo EP together for $85 at Al Fest 09. That's $28.33. And it's in perfect condition. I don't think $700 or $425 is realistic.
barsmart

Post by barsmart »

if you can make $700 of someone willing to pay for it, then it is realistic.

Unless you want to argue with people who already did.

From the sounds of it, you folks should be buying those books up and making a living selling them to people who can't find them as easily. :0