The Authorized Al on Pawn Stars

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

running with Dutch windmills
Off The Deep End

Re: The Authorized Al on Pawn Stars

Post by running with Dutch windmills »

Yankovic Farley wrote:So I was pleasantly surprised to see the book brought in by someone on "Pawn Stars" aired on August 8. Rick was extremely positive in what he said about Al, and he knew quite a bit about him -- pretty spiffy. He bought it for $425 bucks, as I remember. Anybody else see this?

Specifically, I remember him talking about how the masses don't really take Al seriously, but people in the music industry do and he deserves the praise. He talked about how it's a right of passage or an honor for Al to parody you, as well as how he's "one hell of a businessman" for selling over 12 million albums.
I just saw this episode on Dutch TV .
WAYFan
Addicted

Post by WAYFan »

Bumping a super old topic to remark I was in Vegas last week and checked out the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop where the show is filmed. Surprisingly, they actually had barsmart's book in one of the glass cases with a "Seen on Pawn Stars" sticker next to it. Their selling price? $800. (It was right next to a $2000 William Faulkner signature.) Just thought I'd share the update. :)
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Most of the stuff bought on the show is still in the store because they want too much money
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Sad news. Tino Insana who cowrote the book with Al passed away yesterday. He was 69.

:(

http://www.secondcity.com/in-remembrance-tino-insana" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!