Al on CONAN [TBS]

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

louietheweaselfaceddogboy
Obsessed

Re: Al on CONAN [TBS], July 17, 2014

Post by louietheweaselfaceddogboy »

Alinite27 wrote:Jim still has a concert for Gilroy, CA scheduled for this date in his latest newsletter. So, if Al is performing on this show, Jim either doesn't know or Al is doing it without him. My guess would be he's doing some segment on Conan, but not performing.
Sometimes on Conan, they film the episode in bits and pieces and add them all together with the magic of editing.

Considering the line-up sounds pretty packed (Jason Segel AND Cameron Diaz, THEN Matt Walsh, THEN Al), it sounds like it would be a booger to organize all those people together at the same time. My guess is, they'll film each interview/musical performance separately with a nice, fresh monologue slapped onto the front of the show. This could totally allow Jim to be there.
Skippy wrote:
TMBJon wrote: :lol:
One of the founding members of Upright Citizens Brigade, and likely to be nominated for an Emmy this year for his role in Veep.
Faith in humanity: restored.
+1.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Doesn't Conan tape his show sometime in the afternoon/early evenings? I'm sure if Al is performing a song, he could totally finish taping it before Jim has to go to his concert.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

Killingsworth wrote:Doesn't Conan tape his show sometime in the afternoon/early evenings? I'm sure if Al is performing a song, he could totally finish taping it before Jim has to go to his concert.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure all the non-live late night talk shows actually tape several hours earlier than they air, so I'd still bank on a performance, especially given the rest of that lineup.

The good thing about this episode is a lot of people who like funny things will be watching, giving Al some great exposure for the new album to people who are very likely to buy it if they dig the song he plays.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Depending on what song they perform, Jim might not actually be needed. Happy and Blurred Lines have prominent basslines but no major guitar parts that I can hear, and Fancy and Royals have neither guitar nor bass.
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Gilroy, CA is 6 hours away from LA, so I would think that would eliminate the possibility of an earlier taping. The only other possibility I could see for taping on a different day would be the 16th, but since Al is in NYC for The View the day before, I would think that would be difficult.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

If he performs Handy, why would he need Jim West there?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Alinite27 wrote:Gilroy, CA is 6 hours away from LA, so I would think that would eliminate the possibility of an earlier taping. The only other possibility I could see for taping on a different day would be the 16th, but since Al is in NYC for The View the day before, I would think that would be difficult.
If Al left after the view finished taping, he would be home for dinner.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Well, I guess Al and the Band are playing the song on Conan (confirmed now), over the family dinner Mike mentioned. Also, Jim's show has been removed from his schedule.
dansachs
Occasional

Post by dansachs »

Is this scheduled for Wednesday night July 16 (technically July 17 since it's after midnight) or Thursday night July 17 (technically July 18)?
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Thursday night.