Adventure Time

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Re: Adventure Time

Post by Eyeball Chair »

weirdojace wrote:Watch the episode "I Remember You" and try to tell me that Adventure Time is bad television. I dare you.

No, this actually is one of the most well written, emotionally sound and solid cartoons to come out lately and I won't hesitate to tell anybody who says otherwise that they're objectively wrong.

I'm sorry, I just don't like it, nobody's been able to get me to like it. I understand it's ultra popular though.
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Way_Moby wrote:I'm also a brony
gtfo :stern:
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

RyanHippFTW wrote:
Way_Moby wrote:I'm also a brony
gtfo :stern:
Come on, not all bronies are bad. I'm friends with quite a few.

I like MLP myself but I don't consider myself a brony..
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

weirdojace wrote:Watch the episode "I Remember You" and try to tell me that Adventure Time is bad television. I dare you.

No, this actually is one of the most well written, emotionally sound and solid cartoons to come out lately and I won't hesitate to tell anybody who says otherwise that they're objectively wrong.
I agree. I started watching it, thinking it would be a goofy little episode. I ended feeling seriously sad. That was a truly moving episode, especially that last scene… Oh man!

Yeah, the show is really one of the best shows I've ever seen. Of anything.
Eyeball Chair wrote:I'm sorry, I just don't like it, nobody's been able to get me to like it.
Marceline the Vampire Queen. That's all I'm going to say to that.
Eyeball Chair wrote: Come on, not all bronies are bad. I'm friends with quite a few.

I like MLP myself but I don't consider myself a brony..
I can handle the hate. People think it's weird, but I don't care. Heck, I listen to decidedly weird music. ;)
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I happened to catch some of the episode with the werewolves/why-wolves and I admit it made me laugh.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Killingsworth wrote:and I admit it made me laugh.
you say it like it is lowbrow humor or you have high standards or something I mean you listen to Just Eat It just sayin'
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Well, I guess the comedy can get a little lowbrow, but the show really spans a wide spectrum of humor. That's one of the big reasons why I like it so much.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

RyanHippFTW wrote:
Killingsworth wrote:and I admit it made me laugh.
you say it like it is lowbrow humor or you have high standards or something I mean you listen to Just Eat It just sayin'
not lowbrow...just a little "out there"...not really my taste in comedy...much like most of "Nostalgia Critic" and "That Guy With The Glasses"...to think that (and being an obvious troll) they really represent your "high standards" of humor is pretty frightening
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Killingsworth wrote:much like most of "Nostalgia Critic" and "That Guy With The Glasses"...to think that (and being an obvious troll) they really represent your "high standards" of humor is pretty frightening
smurf no I smurfin' hate that smurf don't say something like that from and really I'm a troll WTF?
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

RyanHippFTW wrote:
Killingsworth wrote:much like most of "Nostalgia Critic" and "That Guy With The Glasses"...to think that (and being an obvious troll) they really represent your "high standards" of humor is pretty frightening
smurf no I smurfin' hate that smurf don't say something like that from and really I'm a troll WTF?
well, you tend to act like one quite a bit...and weren't you and Tony the ones who referenced Nostalgia Critic all the time on this forum?