Why hasn't Al been on SNL yet?

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I'm honestly not sure I even want Al to appear on SNL. That show is so stupid and unfunny right now, it might hurt Al just to be associated with it.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Kevbo1987 @ Oct 12 2006, 02:39 PM wrote: I'm honestly not sure I even want Al to appear on SNL. That show is so stupid and unfunny right now, it might hurt Al just to be associated with it.
There's that too. Paul Simon in a turkey suit was hilarious, but I also remember tuning in to see Patrick Stewart (what can I say, I like Picard) and seeing his Royal Shakespeare Company-trained talents being put to use as a baker who decorated every cake with pictures of people using the toilet. X*
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

Kevbo1987 @ Oct 12 2006, 09:39 AM wrote: I'm honestly not sure I even want Al to appear on SNL. That show is so stupid and unfunny right now, it might hurt Al just to be associated with it.
Ditto. I haven't watched the show in 2 or 3 years for that very reason...Al is too good for their silly show...SNL is a ghost of what it once was, sadly..:(

~*Cat*~
Straight Outta Lynwood:

Not a speck of gristle.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

i stopped watching after :inlove: Jimmy Fallon :inlove: left. And from what i hear all the good people have left
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

At this point, Al would be better off performing on Studio 60. Hey, if it's good enough for Three 6 Mafia...
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Radiogal1
Occasional

Post by Radiogal1 »

Funny how the ol' SNL thread emerges today. I just sent an email to them from the official SNL website. Oh I hope it gets their attention. Here is a copy of what I sent to them at this following address ...

[email protected]

Subject: Please book "Weird Al" Yankovic on Saturday Night Live

I have enjoyed SNL since the late 70s and watched it over the years and there's one thing that stands out in my mind that I cannot figure out and that is, why hasn't "Weird Al" Yankovic ever been booked on this show?? This show is about comedy and parody sketches and that screams to me, "Weird Al" Yankovic. What are you waiting for? Now is the best time to get him on your show. "Weird AL" is HOT again. His latest album, "Straight Outta Linwood" debuted on Billboard's top 200 album list at #10, an all time record high for Al and his latest single, "White & Nerdy" is at #9 on Billboard's top 100 singles. This is Al's biggest hit EVER!! "White & Nerdy" even topped "Eat It", which was his biggest hit until now. So, Al is no longer known as the "Eat It" guy; he's "White & Nerdy"; a perfect compliment to your comedy ensemble. Go get him boys, before you regret it for the rest of your lives. I would love to see him on as a featured guest AND musical guest. I think that America has proven they still love "Weird Al" after 22+ years. He would definitely bring in the ratings. He's hot again. Really. Turn on MTV or VH1 and you'll see his latest video. He is VH1's most requested artist right now too.

Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I included my full name and email address. Keeping my fingers crossed they do something and book him. :inlove:

Linda
Culture Club taught me love and acceptance and Weird Al taught me not to take life so seriously.
praise_harvey
Occasional
Location: In a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement of the house half a block down the street fr

Post by praise_harvey »

That's a really good letter radiogal! If something like that couldn't get Al on SNL, then I really don't know what could.

It also upsets me, when SNL has had quite a few guests in the pasts, who are just one-shot actors and musicians, that the public forgets about a few years later. Al has been around for a long time and is well- established in the entertainment industry.
Harvey! Harvey! Harvey the wonder hamster! He doesn't bite and he doesn't squeal! He just runs around on his hamster wheel!
Radiogal1
Occasional

Post by Radiogal1 »

Thanks Praise Harvey (I love your username, btw).

Oh just so everybody knows, not long after I sent my email to the "[email protected]" address, I got an instant reply which stated due to heavy email traffic, all correspondence sent to that address gets automatically deleted. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. So, I sent copies of my email letter to this address whcih I pulled from the main SNL website.
http://www.nbc.com/Footer/Contact_Us/

It went through!!! Let's keep our fingers crossed that somebody from SNL actually reads my email.

Linda
Culture Club taught me love and acceptance and Weird Al taught me not to take life so seriously.
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

I think Al performing as a musical guest would be enough for me..anything else, unless he wrote the sketch, might be degrading to him..

i stopped watching after :inlove: Jimmy Fallon :inlove: left.

I stopped watching it when Jimmy Fallon was CAST. :rolleyes: Honestly, the golden days of SNL were before I was even born..how sad is that?! Once Molly Shannon was gone...it all went downhill from there.

~*Cat*~
Straight Outta Lynwood:

Not a speck of gristle.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Well I dont see AL as a musical guest. They seem to use the music to give a break to the comedy. And they just may not see Al as someone who could do the acting. But hopefully with everything seeming to go Al's way lately Lorne will see Al and get him on there.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ