Why hasn't Al been on SNL yet?

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: Why hasn't Al been on SNL yet?

Post by Killingsworth »

TMBJon wrote:SNL is asking people on Twitter who they want to see hosting SNL this year. Reply to @nbcsnl using #SNLhost to tell them who we want!
I've done this already. If it were ever going to actually happen for real, this season or anytime after would be perfect for it.

Also, my inside source tells me SNLs new season doesn't start until October 1st this year. I think at THIS point its safe to say Al will unequivocally not be able do do the show on 9/24 for TWO reasons.

Sure, he could just make the necessary arrangements spend another week in NY if he agrees to and is booked to host the premiere on 10/1 but that would still be a long shot.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

It seems like SNL will never, ever be cancelled, so there's always hope for Al.

Honestly, as long as he keeps getting booked on Conan, I'll be happy. I hope they do more things together in the future. Oh, man... a buddy comedy with Conan and Al would be one of the greatest things ever! :D
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

It's been thirteen years since this thread has been started and he STILL hasn't starred on SNL.

.......How? I think AlMania has to return a bit to the mainstream for him to get featured, they usually feature artists doing a lot of stuff atm on SNL.
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Someone on a now nonexistent SNL forum similar to this one tried to convince me that Al will never be on SNL because (and I'm badly paraphrasing here) he knows "Barry" and according to him, "Barry" somehow knows that Lorne is never going to ask Al to do the show. It should be pretty obvious to all of us who "Barry" is but I'll leave it to the rest of you to figure that part out (and maybe form your best guesses as to why "Barry" would somehow inherently know who Lorne Michaels will never invite on his show)
Last edited by Killingsworth on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Jesus's disciple Barry?
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

And Barry said unto Alfred, "Thou shalt never host SNL."
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Killingsworth wrote:Someone on a now nonexistent SNL forum similar to this one tried to convince me that Al will never be on SNL because (and I'm badly paraphrasing here) he knows "Barry" and according to him, "Barry" somehow knows that Lorne is never going to ask Al to do the show. It should be pretty obvious to all of us who "Barry" is but I'll leave it to the rest of you to figure that part out (and maybe form your best guesses as to why "Barry" would somehow inherently know who Lorne Michaels will never invite on his show)
Thanks, Obama :rolleyes:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

Teh Dingo wrote: Thanks, Obama :rolleyes:
"Let me make something clear to the American people. I've been talking with Lorne Michaels and I hope he will change his mind. The American people want 'Weird Al' Yankovic on SNL! That is why I'm drafting the Yankovic Act that will make October 23 a national holiday!"
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

Yankopunk wrote:
Teh Dingo wrote: Thanks, Obama :rolleyes:
"Let me make something clear to the American people. I've been talking with Lorne Michaels and I hope he will change his mind. The American people want 'Weird Al' Yankovic on SNL! That is why I'm drafting the Yankovic Act that will make October 23 a national holiday!"
If I ever become PM, or if Scotland goes independent, whatever leader would follow and lead, I would make October 23rd a national holiday. Days off school, countrywide celebrations, all for our wee Al in mind.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

EVERYBODY.

Write a letter to Nicola Sturgeon and ask her to make October 23rd a Scottish national bank holiday as "Yankovic Dedication Day". Send it to the Scottish Government = WE'LL BE DONE

If we can't have independence we can have Yankovic Day. #VoteYes
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;