Why hasn't Al been on SNL yet?

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Why hasn't Al been on SNL yet?

Post by TMBJon »

Yankopunk wrote:That is why I'm drafting the Yankovic Act that will make October 23 a national holiday!"
Presidents can't pass their own legislation, only enact bills by signing them into law. If President Obama wanted to make October 23 a national holiday celebrating Al, he would have to do it as an executive order. Given the blowback to his executive orders on immigration, it's unlikely that this will be a priority during his final months in office.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

TMBJon wrote: Presidents can't pass their own legislation, only enact bills by signing them into law. If President Obama wanted to make October 23 a national holiday celebrating Al, he would have to do it as an executive order. Given the blowback to his executive orders on immigration, it's unlikely that this will be a priority during his final months in office.
I'm well aware of this. I just found the joke to be worded better how I wrote it. :lol:

It would be epic to have a national holiday celebrating Al, though. We can dream! :)
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Yankopunk wrote:
TMBJon wrote: Presidents can't pass their own legislation, only enact bills by signing them into law. If President Obama wanted to make October 23 a national holiday celebrating Al, he would have to do it as an executive order. Given the blowback to his executive orders on immigration, it's unlikely that this will be a priority during his final months in office.
I'm well aware of this. I just found the joke to be worded better how I wrote it. :lol:
I was trying to "yes-and" you, but you ruined it... :jp:
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

I'm sorry, Jon. I'm just a miserable, worthless hunk of slime. I want you to do me a favor. Take this crowbar and... JUST BASH MY HEAD RIGHT IN! GO AHEAD! JUST BASH IT IN!

:lol:
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Allright, I guess this was obvious to absolutely no one at all here but the "Barry" in question was actually Dr. Demento (whose real name is actually Barrett Eugene Hansen...or "Barry" for short). So apparently, someone out there is convincing people that Dr D knows something that we don't as to why Al has yet to (and possibly may never grace the SNL stage.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

Killingsworth wrote:Allright, I guess this was obvious to absolutely no one at all here but the "Barry" in question was actually Dr. Demento (whose real name is actually Barrett Eugene Hansen...or "Barry" for short). So apparently, someone out there is convincing people that Dr D knows something that we don't as to why Al has yet to (and possibly may never grace the SNL stage.
I figured it was Dr. Demento, but I just took the opportunity to make a joke (a bad one, of course) and then mess up Jon's joke, too. :lol:
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Al-on-SNL Truthers, get out your tin foil hats. :foil:

Lin-Manuel Miranda is hosting on October 8. Will he repay the favor of singing Yoda on stage by having Al pop out to say "Live from New York, it's Saturday Night"???????
:whoot:
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

But wasn't Yoda already the return for Al being on the Ham4Ham show? Then again, there's no reason for them to stop the chain... :foil:
Love and peace.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

SNL is still on?
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Of course it is.
And Peggy