New (tv) Movie!

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I'm just guessing here, but usually a film will come out about a year after it goes into production. Granted this is a made-for-TV, and presumably rather low budget. Even still, Al hasn't even written the script yet. I would say the absolute earliest this thing could be airing is Nov/Dec of 2010, but even if it's ready by then the network will probably push it until after the new year. I am guessing Q1/Q2 2011.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Maybe it could parody terrible Lifetime TV movies and premiere ON Lifetime! Or maybe not.
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Scott did ask, "Is it 'Riding The Bus With My Sister 2'?"

Now, I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but is everybody sure that Al DEFINITELY said the film would, for sure, go into production?

Because as far as I remember (and my memory may be off), all Al was able to guarantee was that he did, in fact, have a deal to write a SCREENPLAY for an entity. And, should the screenplay be shot, he is contractually attached to direct it. In Hollywood, tons of movies are canceled at the last minute, even after the script has been paid for.

I'm not trying to say it WON'T happen. Believe me, I'd love to see this happen as much as anyone, probably more. I'm just trying to advise everyone to not get their hopes up too high, at least not until Al starts tweeting from the set.
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn...that's alright because I like the way it hurts...
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

I suppose there's always the possibility that the entity could "pass" on what he turns in. He didn't go into any specifics of the deal he has.
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

It's fun to speculate, but Al kept saying over and over again that he'd already said too much. Still, I do have high hopes.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

So you were there, Fred?? The mystery continues...

Anyway, I hear what you're saying but I do have to wonder if Al would dare say that he's working on a made for TV movie if it wasn't definitely going to happen. He knew prior to divulging this information that several members of his fanbase were in attendance. Why would he risk such disappointment if it wasn't very likely to happen?
Monkeytender
Occasional

Post by Monkeytender »

If this leads to two consecutive years of new Weird Al CDs, I'll be quite the happy Monkeytender.
Warsaw was raw.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Suppose it leads to a 12-month span which includes a new album, a new tour, a new children's book, and a new movie?
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

TMBJon @ October 05, 2009 07:54 pm wrote: So you were there, Fred?? The mystery continues...
Okay, I got one thing on Mr. Huggins I'm sure no one has. Something that, if used correctly, could reveal the mystery. I've got...........................his name.

And no, I'm not a stalker, he emailed me something and his name appeared when the address was automatically added to my contacts.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

I actually know the guy who was selling tickets at the front desk. We went to college together. (He fancies himself an excellent griller, so it was funny to see him serving a veggie dog to Al.)

I will have to contact him and ask for a manifest, then cross-reference this data with the attendees of Al Fest.