Jimmy Fallon Appearance

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Yeah, really...
Thanks for the lesson, Mr. English teacher...gees, some people take some stuff way too seriously here...

I can definitely agree with that point of view, Fred. Personally, I'd love to see an obscure song done. Just don't want to get my hopes up...
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

Skillet. GRAMMATICAL SKILLET.

This is interesting, I hope I get to see it.
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

FredHuggins @ September 22, 2009 03:55 am wrote: (squirts Windex into everyone's faces) QUIT FIGHTING!!!

I kinda doubt it'll be one of the "hits" of yore, like Amish or W&N. The point of any talk show performance is to get people to buy the new album by playing the new single. Lacking a new song, the next best thing would be something relatively obscure, that not as many people have heard. If Al performs "White & Nerdy," there's the danger that the audience might assume he hasn't done anything in three years.

See, THIS is why Al should've put some Internet Leaks tracks on Essential!
This is a *flawless* argument.. Kudos
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Alinite27 @ September 21, 2009 08:02 pm wrote: gees, some people take some stuff way too seriously here...
:good:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
louietheweaselfaceddogboy
Obsessed

Post by louietheweaselfaceddogboy »

I'm pumped for this!
Jimmy & Al are both good ol' buddies - perhaps we'll get an interview as well.

Plus, since its shot in the same building with a fairly similar crew -- MAYBE WE'LL FINALLY GET AL HIS SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE CAMEO!!!!!!!
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

wow...I personally was hoping for a CNR performance on Conan or Letterman or Ferguson, but oh well...

I also thought it was gonna be any of the leaks at first (excluding CNR and Skipper Dan) seeing as how NBC has always used Fallon as their shameless little puppet for the tween audience (they'd want the newest thing with technological references)until someone pointed out it was the day after the Essentials were released. I was despereately hoping for "I'll Sue Ya" or "Canadian Idiot" or ANY forgotten original oldie over W&N for the 527th time, but again, oh well...

then Dustin showed us the Craigslist blog post and now (if I had to go out on a limb right now and venture a wild guess) my money would be on "Craigslist" or more likely "Ringtone"...WYL is a distinct possibility (*shudders*) but still a longshot...Mr. Huggins makes a very good arguement for one fo those "Leaks"...or who knows...maybe Al could release a new single within the next five weeks that we know nothing about as of yet...but still, my money is on one of the "Leaks" because as I said before...Jimmy Fallon is a mindless puppet...it's still definitely too early to call...who knows? maybe he could do an interview and preform a fan favorite original from the essentials...it's all subjective speculation at this point...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I'm hoping for an internet leak. It's not like I'm saying I want him to do a song he's done hundreds of times before, I just fear it won't be.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

TMBJon @ September 22, 2009 12:44 pm wrote: if you don't care that much then you would want to say you couldn't care less, not that you could care less. If you could care less then there are things you care about less. That particular expression has got to be my number one pet peeve of grammar/spelling/usage.
I agree whole-heartedly.

As for Jimmy Fallon, I despise him. I would really love it if Al were appearing on Conan, because those two would get along so well - their sense (senses?) of humour is almost identical. Plus, The Tonight Show is shot in LA, so Al wouldn't have to travel across your entire country to get there.

I hope he does sing Craigslist, and not any of his g"Greatest Hits", but that might be a double-edged sword, as he would be promoting a song that wasn't on the album, and that might hurt sales.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

If he performs anything from Internet Leaks, I'd think it'd be CNR - it's fast, energetic, rockin' as all hell, and relatively short, which is better for TV.

If he performs a classic from Essentials, my fingers are crossed for "Dog Eat Dog."
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn...that's alright because I like the way it hurts...
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

My money is on "Craigslist" or "Virus Alert."

Virus Alert if he's going by anything on the "Essential." But I do think it'd be cool if he pulled something crazy and did "Another One Rides The Bus" or something. That would be AMAZING.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22