Jimmy Fallon Appearance

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

trippingdaisy
Occasional

Post by trippingdaisy »

Al's Homeboy @ October 30, 2009 01:13 am wrote: So was that a vinyl copy of "Essentials" that Jimmy held up or was that a large cardboard cut out?
just cardboard. they did the same thing with the new They Might Be Giants album a few weeks ago. they probably do that with any album that doesn't exist on vinyl.

but while we're on the subject, a 4LP vinyl version of The Essential would be so amazing.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

weird_el @ October 30, 2009 11:42 am wrote: Good Old Days would work just as well as Melanie did a couple years ago. It won't be the same without the sausaphone though.
What is a sausaphone? I thought the instrument was called a sousaphone.

Either way, I really liked it, too.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Alinite27 @ October 30, 2009 12:43 am wrote: . Could really relate to the feeling of a first concert, wearing an Al shirt the next day, wearing that shirt to school..thinking I was the greatest person there, even though no one really cared...

Same thing happened to me with my BHT shirt.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

AL-TV shirt for me. Yeah, same story.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Al's Homeboy @ October 30, 2009 01:13 am wrote: So was that a vinyl copy of "Essentials" that Jimmy held up or was that a large cardboard cut out?
I'm pretty sure that's the second time you've said that in this thread.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

Ok, here's my two cents (ok, maybe like 20)...

Al nailed the interview and was really on his game. Nice job, Al! He answered questions without a pause or hesitation, and was well spoken. Too bad it was so freaking short, but he can't control that.

I don't know who picked his wardrobe for the interview... but, really? Who decided that black knit would look good while he was seated? Al isn't in his 20's/30's anymore, so he needs to wear things that conceal and tone on camera. Even though it was black, the lighting showed everything with shadows and highlights. An undershirt would help. Just sayin.

One more thing I'm gonna pick on... again, not sure whose fault it was. The lighting for the green screen on stage wasn't great. There was a lot of green spill, and the upper right of the screen wasn't lit enough for the computers to pick up the chromakey. C'mon, they should know better than that.

The performance itself was awesome. Even though I'm still not a big fan of the song itself, they did well. MUCH better than the WAN incident. So, this is making me think... (haven't read if anyone else already said this) since they had costumes for this, and it's a practiced performance, I'm pretty sure this means it's in the set list for next year.

Overall, well done Al, Kimo, and Jon!
http://www.kristinekreations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NOW CASTING: Perform This Way, A WOWAY Fan Video
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

CNR is definitely in the setlist for next year, yes. Now, go check out Good Old Days with The Roots!!
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Kristine @ October 30, 2009 05:33 pm wrote: I don't know who picked his wardrobe for the interview... but, really? Who decided that black knit would look good while he was seated? Al isn't in his 20's/30's anymore, so he needs to wear things that conceal and tone on camera. Even though it was black, the lighting showed everything with shadows and highlights. An undershirt would help. Just sayin.

One more thing I'm gonna pick on... again, not sure whose fault it was. The lighting for the green screen on stage wasn't great. There was a lot of green spill, and the upper right of the screen wasn't lit enough for the computers to pick up the chromakey. C'mon, they should know better than that.

:blink: Wow...I would've never had noticed the shirt wasn't right to wear...It looked fine until you pointed it out and now when I watch I can't help but stare :P

The green screen thing was pretty bad, but I figured that was just because they didn't have the time to make it look more professional. Just three hours to get it done. But I guess you're right :P
In hiding since 2010
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

He looked pretty good to me. So what if hes a bit meatier than he was in his 30s? Its to be expected. He still looked like a gnat next to Hulk Hogan. I'm guessing he chose his own clothes for the interview as I'm sure Kristine is right in saying a professional TV stylist would not have selected those clothes for him. One of the things I like about Al is that he's natural & not "styled" when he's being himself rather than "Weird Al" and goes his own way regardless of image.. Long may it remain so imo. I think most fans wouldn't want to see him too slicked up.
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Wanted to make sure I had permission first, but check it out:

http://is.gd/4IiLF

Here is a 100 MB version of the video which has the intro credits, interview with Al, and performance of both CNR and Good Old Days in pretty high quality. The link will work for six more days.