Question Segment about Al on Cram

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

DXSSI

Question Segment about Al on Cram

Post by DXSSI »

For those unaware of Cram, it's a new game show on Game Show Network that pits two teams of two against each other directly following a 24-hour session of studying obscure facts and no sleep.

During the second round, contestants are asked trivia questions while performing a semi-physical activity, and one team's question group was about Al. They were given the names of regular songs, and asked to name Al's parody.

It should be replayed tomorrow (Tuesday, 1/21) at 2AM Eastern/1AM Central (if you'd like to share the contestants' plight) and once more at 4:30PM Eastern/3:30PM Central if you want to see how well they do.
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

aw man i missed it, do u when it will be playing again? They should make a whole gameshow devtoed to Al.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

24 hours devoted to cramming on Yanko-facts? Sounds like fun.
KagayakiWashi
Occasional
Location: Tennessee Avatar: Raymond Scott! One of the best musicians of the 20th century!

Post by KagayakiWashi »

Another part of another show was craming the fact that "Weird Al Yankovic studied in architecture...."

Maybe Mr. Elwood(or whoever writes the questions/answers) is a fan of his.
"Ya wanna buy a bunny?"
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Speaking of game shows, the Jeopardy 2002 calendar has an Al question. "Famous accordionist involved in the mob in the 20s or 30s. Who is "Weird Al" Capone?"

Another rare Al mention, I managed to see that AL was on the cover of the 10th anniversary Disney Adventures magazine, so I bought it. He also goes on to mention that one time when his parents were gone, he sold the house to buy a lifetime supply of wax lips, and when his parents came back they were so mad they made him take accordion lessons". Yeah.

Eric
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

He also goes on to mention that one time when his parents were gone, he sold the house to buy a lifetime supply of wax lips, and when his parents came back they were so mad they made him take accordion lessons". Yeah.

I think I saw a fan question somewhere from someone who actually seemed to believe this story. :sleepy: I'm just glad they didn't have it as a lifetime supply of accordion lessons, because Al stopped after three years. That would have been so sad. :(
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I'm just glad they didn't have it as a lifetime supply of accordion lessons, because Al stopped after three years. That would have been so sad. :(

Three years is a life sentence isn't it? Luckily for us, that's all it took for our favorite Yanko-genius.