Al On Shatner's Raw Nerve

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Re: Al On Shatner's Raw Nerve

Post by QuantumError »

Wow, that was really great.
Had some good questions in there that I've never heard before. Also I was real glad that Will asked him some of the more difficult questions the way he did, he didn't just tromp over Al's feelings just to get soundbytes or anything.

And the picture at the end...WOW!
Looks like there is going to be another famous Yankovic in the family. :oo
NMRodo
Occasional

Post by NMRodo »

I'm definitely setting my DVR to record this Tuesday night. In most of the public appearances and whatnot I've seen, Al's being a goofball. The preview on the Biography Channel's website indicates that's not the case at all here.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Even if you get the Biography Channel -- I highly recommend downloading this from iTunes. $2 -- no ads and the only pop-ups are Al info-related.

Liked it a lot. Good way to start a new decade.
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

NMRodo wrote:I'm definitely setting my DVR to record this Tuesday night. In most of the public appearances and whatnot I've seen, Al's being a goofball. The preview on the Biography Channel's website indicates that's not the case at all here.
For the most part, it was a very serious interview with some very deep questions that I rarely hear Al talk about.
And like Weird El said above, it is definitely worth getting on iTunes, real great quality and no interruptions.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Wow, I just finished watching. I must say, Mr. Shatner was very caring in the way he interviewed Al. Sensitive to Al's feelings, and sharing even his own experiences. Unfortunately, my copy lagged quite a few times, and even stopped. Perhaps if I reboot, it won't if I decide to watch again. You will like this interview. Very well done.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

That was a great show. I had my opinions formed by the Drew Carey episode, but he seemed better with Al. And I know that Al knew where the Rescue 911 story was leading, but he still seemed enthralled by it. I'm just hoping that other interviewers dont feel they can ask Al about his parents.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I agree, Minnick. Al doesn't deserve to have his beloved parents become a piece of Coolio-esque interview boilerplate.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

That was truly one of the best interviews Al has ever given. Much kudos to Mr. Shatner for pushing Al far further than he's ever gone before. A totally different side to Al than I have ever seen. Everyone on this forum would be wise to see this interview one way or another.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Just watched this myself and I was very impressed. I guess Mr. Shatner was a far better interviewer than we all had assumed. Thankfully, the question about Al's parents wasn't the main focus and hte whole show wasn't just heavy stuff. Al handled his emotions very well. I was floored when he mentioned wanting to be an artist for MAD Magazine as a kid since that was (and continues to be) my ambition as well. Although MAD only comes out four times a year now and it looks like its' being phased out, I think I'd have a better chance of having my own animated series on TV one day (in the vein of simpsons/South Park and the like, obviously). I was also blown away by Ninas' professional looking artwork and the fact that he and Suzanne let her mess around with oil paints at that age. If someone posts a link to this on the BIO channels' website, I may have to rewatcch this to catch a few thigns I missed the first time. I also have to agree with minnick and OE's' statements.
DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

Wow! Great interview. However I can't believe he spoke so openly and honestly about his parents tragic deaths. However, did I read these post correctly did somone mention that there could be an addition to the family. I don't want to spark contoversy but I was just wondering. Oh so downloading this on itunes tomorrow. I had to miss the second half because my boyfriend had to get to sleep.