100 Moments That Rocked TV on this week

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

100 Moments That Rocked TV on this week

Post by CatraDhtem »

Just a general heads up since there has been very little advertising for it, but VH1's "100 Moments That Rocked TV" is on throughout the week, starting with moments #100-81 tonight (1/13) at 10PM EST. It will repeat again at 1AM EST.

And of course, each further installment will air every weeknight at 10.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess this is the same thing as the "100 Greatest Rock & Roll TV Moments" mentioned over on weirdal.com.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

In the first installment (sure to be repeated), Al was featured talking briefly about the following entries:

#97 Brian Setzer's GAP commercial

#93 Courtney Love and Madonna clash at the MTV VMA post show

#88 The time Sinatra got cutoff during his acceptance speech at the Grammies

These shows are on all week, and it's likely Al will be featured on each one.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

QUOTE In the first installment (sure to be repeated)

That is a gross understatement. By my count, this first episode is scheduled to be reaired approximately 748 times by the end of the month.

If only someone had a web site out there listing all the Weird Al TV times. Hmmm.....

And let me close by saying I am already sick of Molly Shannon.
JDTurnbull272
Addicted

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

If only someone had a web site out there listing all the Weird Al TV times.

Yeah...If Only!

http://www.musicstation.com/cgi-bin/rot ... rch=169595
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

Oddly enough, I didn't see him ONCE on the 80-61 Episode ....

Ah, well ... 3 appearances so far just in the first; and 3 more episodes to go ... the VCR's will be smokin' ....

Dr. Dad
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I wouldn't expect to see him too much. Mr. Normal, Doesn't Have A Criminal Record hangin' out with the Rock N' Roll Riff Raff?

[rant]Speaking of the Riff Raff... and off topic for the TV show, but appropriate for the topic Shocking Moments... Has anyone out there heard Pete Townsend's defense?

I only did it once. For research. Everybody does it. You'd have to be terminally uncurious to not do it. It was like someone laid out a line of cocaine...

Sigh... [/rant]
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

QUOTE [rant]Speaking of the Riff Raff...  and off topic for the TV show, but appropriate for the topic Shocking Moments...  Has anyone out there heard Pete Townsend's defense?  

I only did it once.  For research.  Everybody does it.  You'd have to be terminally uncurious to not do it.  It was like someone laid out a line of cocaine...  

Sigh...  [/rant]

It would've been a wise idea to put quotation marks around the defence...Unless Scottidog's been up to more than WAY surfing...
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I didn't put it in quotes because it was more of a paraphrase than a direct quote and I didn't want to be accused of misquoting.

I never gave a thought to the idea that you might have thought those were my ideas. :dontgetit:
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Although Al wasn't on the 2nd installment, he was on both the 3rd and 4th. For those who want to know, here are the Al sightings:

#57 Soy Bomb on the Grammies

(before 55) discussing what he thought the funniest music/tv moment was -- the part in the Making of Thriller where MJ is practicing his werewolf scream. MJ screams like a white girl (my words, not Al's)

#53 Smells Like Teen Spirit video

#36 Babalu/Desi Arnez

#29 King Tut/Steve Martin on SNL

#24 Elvis on Ed Sullivan
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

QUOTE I never gave a thought to the idea that you might have thought those were my ideas. :dontgetit:

Oh, I hardly thought they were your ideas, I was afraid other people might, however. :lookround: