Weird Al Unplugged?

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I think Al is willing to be forthcoming, but unfortunately he gets the same stock questions, and tends to give the same stock answers.

Interviewer: \"Can I call you Weird?\"

Al: \"Are we on a first adjective basis?\"

Interviewer: "So, what's the deal with Coolio?"

Al: "I wrote him a letter of apology, but we don't go bowling any more."

We could probably read those RWS interviews and reconstruct pretty much the entire press kit.

Some of the questions I'd like to ask Al are not particularly career-related and so not very suitable for a published interview (nothing unseemly, though, I hasten to say).

Okay, here's a musical one: "Who would you most like to get a phone call from, saying, "There's an accordion part on our next album. Wanna come and play?" There's something wrong with the grammar there, but you get the idea.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Some of the questions I'd like to ask Al are not particularly career-related and so not very suitable for a published interview (nothing unseemly, though, I hasten to say).

Oh, I don't know. If the purpose is to get to know him a little better, it might be quite fun and enlightening to ask some non-career questions.

One non-music question I would like to ask him is in regard to something he said on Behind The Music. He mentioned that the reason his high school career counselor steered him towards Architecture is because he was fairly artistic and he did well in math. His next comment was that he wanted to be a cartoonist. So it's fair to assume that the "artistic talent" the career counselor was refering to was not musical. (Funny that wasn't even considered. What a short sighted "career counselor," huh?)

The only sample of his non-musical artististic ability I have seen is http://www.weirdal.com/fanart27.htm

(He got the nose better than I did, but then he had the live subject more readily available than I did.)

Does he still do drawings, sketches, paintings, whatever? (And BTW, wouldn't an Al drawn AL-bum cover be way moby?)