Funny-Ass Videos

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

:inlove: <Scottidog loves Al in any visuAL medium.> :inlove:
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Overall, I thought the special was all right if not a tad pointless. Granted he's a cool guy, but I don't think in any alternate reality should David Grohl have more appearances in a "funny music video" countdown than Al.

At least this special was a little more open-minded than MTV's "Funniest Music Videos of All Time" from last year (in which the only Al video they featured was "Pentiums"). "Fat" and "Amish" were good mainstream Al choices....at least they didn't go for the dreaded "E" title.

As for the other videos, there was nothing I disagreed with except for maybe "Hot For Teacher" (not exactly a knee-slapper, really) and "Baby Got Back" (the song is goofy, but the video really isn't). I always liked "I Ain't Got Nobody" and the Foo Fighters stuff.

But personally, I think "Sabotage" blows the pants off any other Beastie Boys videos, but it was good that they were going for some older clips. I was a bit disappointed that Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al" wasn't featured, since if I'm not mistaken that topped the last funny video countdown VH1 did several years ago.

I also thought Tom Arnold did an okay job commenting on the videos....the other two guys I'm not too sure of. I liked some of Tom's reactions to Al's stuff ("Oh man, that's a cool shot, but look! He kinda messes up right here!!").

All in all, an okay special. At least VH1 isn't giving up on our boy.