Behind The Music

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Behind The Music

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I realize that the lucky, lucky fans who have been following Al for longer than, like, a couple of months have probably already discussed this show down to its uttermost minutiae but it did occur to me...

Steve Jay comparing Al to Red Skelton (an insightful observation, BTW) does make it seem more likely that Al pulling a pistol and "shooting" Ruben all those times in concert was an allusion to Red Skelton shooting his pianist. He did it in a sketch where he sang "Go Tell Aunt Rhody" in the style of an Irish tenor, and maybe other times I haven't seen. But all the band guys are of the right age to have grown up watching Red Skelton.
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

oh yeah. Good observation, O.E.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

You know, I have to respectfully disagree here, OE.

I just can't see Al doing a parody.

8)
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

You know, I have to respectfully disagree here, OE.

I just can't see Al doing a parody.

8)

Well, if you would just take off those dark glasses, you'd see a lot better. Humph. :stern:

And did I say Al was doing a parody? I said he was making an allusion.

I'm gonna get my money's worth out of that Better Vocabulary in 30 Days book yet.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I'm gonna get my money's worth out of that Better Vocabulary in 30 Days book yet.

I thought you wrote that book! LOL.

And shouldn't that be ALlusion?
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I was watching my taped Behind The Music tonight. At least, what there is of it...

I can't quite put my finger on it, but Al looks different. NO it's not the no glasses, no moustache different... He just looks different. I think maybe they put makeup on him for the show...

I wish they had backed up just a tad in his interviews. I would have liked to see a little more of the design of his own room. What you can see is a fireplace, TWO GRAMMIES, lots of pictures, and what looks to be a big Bob's Big Boy on the mantle.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

I was watching my taped Behind The Music tonight. At least, what there is of it...

I can't quite put my finger on it, but Al looks different. NO it's not the no glasses, no moustache different... He just looks different. I think maybe they put makeup on him for the show...

Yeah, he's probably wearing a little pancake there. Makeup and lip-synching: the stuff you'll see only on TV.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

and what looks to be a big Bob's Big Boy on the mantle.

It was part of Harvey's elaborate habit trail from TWAS.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

I'm pretty sure that the hair and make-up people on those shows ("Behind the Music," "E! True Hollywood Story," what have you) are told to make the celebrities look about five years older and as haggardly as possible to invoke sympathy during the "sad" moments.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

I'm pretty sure that the hair and make-up people on those shows ("Behind the Music," "E! True Hollywood Story," what have you) are told to make the celebrities look about five years older and as haggardly as possible to invoke sympathy during the "sad" moments.

Al: "Can I go wash off these circles under my eyes?"

Makeup: "Hold off a sec, will you? They're gonna ask you about Polka Party first."

What I want to know is, if the TV camera is supposed to add pounds onto everybody's frame, where are Al's?