DVR Alerts

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I got these times from VH1, and they are not necessarily the same times as the one on RockOnTv, also from VH1, so I can't vouch for them... But here they are...

All times are Eastern time on VH1

Behind The Music - 1 hour

6/16 11:30 AM

ALTV - 1 hour

6/17 11:00 AM

6/17 11:00 PM

6/18 3:30 PM

6/19 12:00 AM

6/23 10:00 PM

6/24 4:00 PM

6/26 1:00 AM

Your mileage may vary.

From his classic Michael Jackson parodies ("Eat It" and "Fat") to "Smells Like Nirvana," "Amish Paradise" and his brand new Eminem parody, "Couch Potato," "Weird Al" Yankovic has made an art out of mocking classic videos and lampooning today's current hits.

Now the king of rock and roll parody is back doing what he does best...

Hot on the heels of his CD release, "POODLE HAT," pop culture's consummate prankster cranks up his "pirate satellite broadcasting transmitter" to take over the airwaves of VH1 with "AL-TV." In this outrageous one-hour special, Al is visited by some of the world's biggest music stars, who drop by the AL-TV studios for their "exclusive interviews" (you'll have to tune in to understand why we put the quotes there). Al also introduces his best friend and world-class stunt rodent Harvey the Wonder Hamster, and of course... he plays all the videos that HE wants to watch! (Strangely, they're all his own... hey, it's his show!)

It's "AL-TV"... the reason television was invented.

So it looks like they will play it to death. And all over the schedule to get maximum coverage.

Wind up those VCRs kids! Oh, and if you are a Nielsen family... watch and/or tape every single episode.

Maybe if we blitz VH1 with thanks and requests we can get them to get Driven and the old eps of ALTV out of mothballs.
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

Luckily onve my finals in school r over ill be treated nicely to ALTV an Behind the Music
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Watch for The Greatest Songs of the Past 25 Years. Al talks about song #97, and probably a few more but that's all I saw.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Here's one for the die hards:

Check out VH1 and try to catch Matchbox 20's latest video "Unwell" (Obviously, taping times will vary). A very familliar looking subway car shows up in the middle of the video. Al mentioned on Dr. Demento's show when he was there a month ago that he heard that MB20 shot a video on the same CBS soundstage that "Poodle Hat"'s cover was shot.

Just a neat thing to see.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

CBS repeats Al's performance of "Couch Potato" on that ingrate Kilbourn's show on July 4th (That's July 3rd for people who forget the 4th begins at midnight). I suggest you tune into the show ten minutes before the end, and watch Conan until then.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Lounge Chair
Occasional

Post by Lounge Chair »

CBS repeats Al's performance of "Couch Potato" on that ingrate Kilbourn's show on July 4th (That's July 3rd for people who forget the 4th begins at midnight). I suggest you tune into the show ten minutes before the end, and watch Conan until then.

Ugh, Craig Kilborn... Forgive my ignorance and laziness for not looking this up elsewhere, please but have Al & TBIB been on Conan O'Brien's show? Dog bless Conan!
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

have Al & TBIB been on Conan O'Brien's show?

Unfortunately, nope. :(
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Two things:

Unfortunately, the only song Al discusses in the Greatest Songs of the Past 25 Years is #97 (Devo's "Whip It").

Also, record every episode of VH1's I Love the 80s: Al sometimes discusses what they are talking about in each episode, and towards the end of each episode, he discusses the differences between whatever year is being talked about and today.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
almost al!
Die-hard Fan

Post by almost al! »

hey there! im brand new, but i saw al thursday at summerfest, (great show!) and i saw somewhere on the internet that saturday (today)morning AL-TV is on vh1, is this right? thanks a lot.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Could be... they are showing it alot. Check VH1.com for updates.

I just checked, it seems 7/18 is the next air date.