DVR Alerts

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

FredHuggins
Obsessed

Re: DVR Alerts

Post by FredHuggins »

DUDE! Right when I read that, I switched on VH1 Classic to see what's on...AND THEY'RE SHOWING AL'S EPISODE OF REMOTE CONTROL!!! So...yeah! No kidding!

EDIT: According to the VH1 website, the hour currently being broadcast (containing clips, apparently, and not the entire episode, of Remote Control w/ Al) is HOUR 8 (of 12) of this MTV30 marathon. Hour 8 will air again on Sunday the 31st (later today, technically) at 2PM, and Monday the 1st at 5AM and again at noon (all times ET/PT). I will DVR all twelve hours of this to see if any clips of Al appear in any other hours, so check back for updates. (There's also gonna be a thirteenth hour that replicates MTV's first-ever hour of broadcast...but Al didn't have any videos yet then so the odds of him appearing are nil.)
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

Thanks for mentioning this. I loved Remote Control! Too bad they are not airing more episodes.
Is my dude a dweeb?
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Well, if you're a huge Remote Control fan, they showed clips from another episode (w/ the Red Hot Chili Peppers) during Hour 5, which will air again at 3PM tomorrow (Monday August 1).

UPDATE: It appears Al's only appearance in this big MTV retrospective is in that episode of Remote Control.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

It's at least good to see that Al's included as a part of MTV history, alongside such great, important things like Rick Astley, Debbie Gibson, and Puck getting kicked out of the house :Y
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

DVR Alerts

Post by minnick27 »

I'm sure it wasn't because it was Al. More likely they just grabbed an episode at random
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

There was just an episode of "Still Standing" on ABC where they were talking about buying tickets to a Weird Al concert :D
I'm not sure if he was in any other part of the episode or just mentioned. I caught it when it was almost over.

Still, cool!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

DVR Alerts

Post by minnick27 »

The plot was they were trying to hide the fact that they didn't have tickets to a show, so they played the pity card and took the sons tickets off his dresser and pit them through the wash so it looked like they ruined their tickets. When Brian found out he said "you took my Weird Al tickets that I had signed by his drummer Jon Bermuda Schwartz after the show?" later in the episode the friend confronted him about it and said "You forgot how important signed Weird Al tickets are to a nerdy boy". I honestly thought that line would make the clips for the last tour. I just thought it was cool that the writers put Jon in there, I'm guessing they were a fan.
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

What was the name of the episode?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

DVR Alerts

Post by minnick27 »

It's called Still a Team, episode 78
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

That was a great show! Don't remember that episode. I remember one where they have AC/DC tickets and they can't go or they do and get in to some sort of trouble or something.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!