Al's "Grim & Evil" episode revealed!

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Al's "Grim & Evil" episode revealed!

Post by CatraDhtem »

Just on the off-chance that this would be of interest to anyone around here, I have learned on which episode of "Grim & Evil" Al will be appearing.

This info comes direct from Cartoon Network Studios, so if I'm wrong you can blame them...

Al will be in Episode #19, in the segment titled "Toadblatt's School of Sorcery."

The synopsis, according to Cartoon Network's web site, is:

"Grim gets Billy and Mandy into Toadblatt's Summer School of Sorcery!"

I'm sure that cleared a lot up for everyone. :stern:

The episode is not yet on the network's online schedule, which currently lists airdates through early January....so this may be the first Al appearance of 2003!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Re: Al's "Grim & Evil" episode revealed!

Post by scottidog »

Just on the off-chance that this would be of interest to anyone around here, I have learned on which episode of "Grim & Evil" Al will be appearing.

I'm sorry. Who is this "Al" that you speak of? Never heard of him. Oh wait. Al... Al... It's beginning to come back to me... Yonkovich, right?

Of course we are interested! ;)
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Al's "Grim & Evil" episode revealed!

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I'm sorry. Who is this "Al" that you speak of? Never heard of him. Oh wait. Al... Al... It's beginning to come back to me... Yonkovich, right?
I can SEE it's time for an Orthography Enthusiast to step into this mess. His name is spelled with an "a", not an "o", as in "Jankovich"

http://www.deadheart.org.uk/opinion/alb ... s/rw6.html

or "Jankovic"

http://www.august-automation.com/aampre ... /links.htm

or "Jankovitz"

http://info.kulak.ac.be/pipermail/lukal ... 02291.html

Hope this helps.

OE
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

You know of course that I was trying to be funny.

I know, I know. Sometimes I take things so literally.

<Scottidog would hate for anyone to think that she accidentally spelled Mr. Yankovic's name wrong. She did it on purpose. For comedic effect. Kid's don't try this at home.>

I am aghast. I just read the reviews OE posted above. The first one is - words fail me. Not only did they mispell his name, but then they "dissed" him for an album he didn't have anything to do with! Does the reviewer work for tweak.com?

:angry:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Peace. I could see the twinkle in your typeface. :D

But really, what could be funnier than misspellings of Al's name all over the Internet? Unless it's frat boys trying to drag him off to a bar or Roseanne propositioning him?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

I am aghast. I just read the reviews OE posted above. The first one is - words fail me. Not only did they mispell his name, but then they "dissed" him for an album he didn't have anything to do with! Does the reviewer work for tweak.com?

:angry:

It's not that bad. They were just dissing "Redneck Wonderland" not saying that this mysterious "Weird Al Jankovich" had anything to do with it. And since "Redneck Wonderland" apparently sank without a trace, it was probably a pretty accurate review.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

But really, what could be funnier than misspellings of Al's name all over the Internet? Unless it's frat boys trying to drag him off to a bar or Roseanne propositioning him?

At one time I kept a list (albiet far from complete) of misspellings I've seen. Not just Al's name, but song titles and album titles and what not. The funniest ones are the ones that show up on actual releases!

If I can find it, I'll share some of the funnier ones. Hopefully I can find it. It would be pretty cool to update it, format it pretty, and stick it onto my web page.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

At one time I kept a list (albiet far from complete) of misspellings I've seen. Not just Al's name, but song titles and album titles and what not. The funniest ones are the ones that show up on actual releases!

If I can find it, I'll share some of the funnier ones. Hopefully I can find it. It would be pretty cool to update it, format it pretty, and stick it onto my web page.

Dave

Hope you do find it! You can title the misspellings-of-Al section "I Think I'm A Clone Now."

Veering slightly off-topic: When Simon & Garfunkel were working on their last album, they sent one song off to have an orchestral part arranged. When they got the sheet music for the strings back, it was titled, "Like A Pitcher of Water."
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

it was titled, "Like A Pitcher of Water."

I hate to be dense, here... but what should it have been called?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

it was titled, "Like A Pitcher of Water."
I hate to be dense, here... but what should it have been called?

Uh, that would be "Bridge Over Troubled Water."