The Weird Al Show

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

It most defiantly WOULD BE!!!

*sigh* that would be so awesome :inlove:

Till they took it off the air... if that ever happened, I would have to become a ninja and start assassinating all the poor fools who canceled Al's show...

MUAHAHAAAAHAA!!
Oh snap!
BabyBoolie27
Obsessed

Post by BabyBoolie27 »

:lol:

Wait a minute... :ninja:
I like all animals...well except for monkeys, because they climb all over your face and slap you!
Tony Goldmark
Occasional

Post by Tony Goldmark »

I just found this in a word document, and thought you guys might enjoy it.

A few years ago, my wife Marissa and I had a joint assignment in a college creative writing class. Basically, we had to choose a minor character, or group of characters, in a movie or TV show, and find or invent 100 "facts" about them. Naturally, we chose Fred Huggins and the Boolies.

Here's what we came up with:

50 Things About Fred Huggins

1. He is an older man.
2. He has gray hair.
3. He lives on the set of his TV show.
4. There is always a fine line between him being a human and a puppet run by the “real” Fred Huggins.
5. He likes to write songs.
6. He loves to sing.
7. He lives with The Boolies.
8. He thinks the The Boolies are his friends.
9. He is a mix between Pee-Wee Herman and Mr. Rogers.
10. He actually escaped the mental home, and is on the run, they just never noticed, and neither did he.
11. He is indeed single.
12. He always wears a yellow sweater.
13. He is from a city in Ohio.
14. His favorite color is yellow as seen from his sweater.
15. He loves candy, though you never see him eat it, he just talks about how much he loves it.
16. He always has “buggy” / large eyes.
17. His eyes are bright blue.
18. He was blonde until his hair turned gray.
19. His favorite animal is the kitty.
20. He once loved a woman named Silver, but she was murdered, and many with peripheral knowledge of the incident suspect that he killed her.
21. He loves the outdoors, he believes that he is outside all the time, when he is in fact always on the stage.
22. He name is short for Fredrickson.
23. He is afraid of the dark.
24. He loves kids, though he’s never met any… thank god.
25. His songs are very short and repetitive.
26. He thinks his mustache is named Colonel Fubb.
27. His favorite food is oxygen molecules.
28. His favorite song is “The Devil Went Down To Georgia” because he likes peaches.
29. His favorite movie is Star Wars, because he likes the scene where Han Solo says “Everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?” because it makes him feel like Han cares about him.
30. He jumped off the roof at age five believing he could “fly like Wilma” as he puts it. He woke up in the mental institution and hasn’t been the same since.
31. Whenever the Boolies switch places, Fred instinctively does the show with his back facing the camera.
32. He was born with nine fingers on his left hand, but they were blown off in a fireworks accident.
33. His mother was a Denny’s waitress in constant debt.
34. His father was an electronics salesman at Circuit City.
35. He has no brothers or sisters.
36. He has worn the same pair of pants every day for fifteen years, but he does get them washed occasionally.
37. He has an irrational fear of hats.
38. Whenever he hears the words “William Shakespeare” his trained Pavlovian response is “Oh, what a wonderful man.”
39. One time, laboring under the misapprehension that he was a chicken, he wandered into a Popeye’s and said to a patron, “Oh wouldn’t it be nice if you ate me?” The punch in the nose that followed caused him to permanently lose his sense of smell.
40. He got sued by his hometown’s Board Of Education when he said, in a televised song, that the kangaroo was a type of insect. The matter was settled out of court.
41. He once shaved himself completely bald for no reason at all.
42. He thinks “bad” is a swear word.
43. He doesn’t like to blink because he’s “afraid he’ll miss something extra special.”
44. He used to hang out with the guys in Radiohead before they were famous, and co-wrote an untitled song of theirs that they ended up not recording.
45. He thinks Funkytown is a real place.
46. His lawyer, by an astounding coincidence, is also named Fred Huggins.
47. He owns over two hundred ukuleles.
48. He only wears women’s underwear.
49. He once accidentally swallowed a spider while sleeping.
50. His birthday is September 12.

50 Things About The Boolies

1. They are small yellow puppets.
2. They have googley eyes.
3. They live on the set of Fred Huggins’ TV show.
4. They despise Fred with every ounce of fortitude they can muster.
5. Papa Boolie has a receding hairline and an enormous mouth.
6. Baby Boolie has buckteeth and two small hairs.
7. Despite their names, Papa Boolie is not Baby Boolie’s real dad.
8. Papa always stands to Fred’s left.
9. Baby always stands to Fred’s right. Sometimes they switch just to watch Fred turn around.
10. By a staggering coincidence, they share a birthday – March 31st.
11. Papa Boolie’s favorite song: “It’s My Nose’s Birthday” – Jimmy Durante.
12. Baby Boolie’s favorite song: the “Slinky” commercial jingle.
13. Papa Boolie’s favorite movie: The English Patient, because it made him cry.
14. Baby Boolie’s favorite movie: Ducktales The Movie: Treasure Of The Lost Lamp, because it made him cry.
15. Papa Boolie’s favorite food: Pork Chow Mein.
16. Baby Boolie’s favorite food: Ice Cream In A Shoe.
17. Both Boolies’ eyes are black.
18. Both Boolies’ hair is black.
19. Baby Boolie’s skin isn’t really yellow, Papa Boolie just paints him in his sleep so that people will believe they’re related.
20. They are both virgins, which leaves Papa frustrated and Baby indifferent.
21. Papa Boolie’s father was a high school guidance counselor.
22. Papa Boolie’s mother was a goat.
23. Papa Boolie has yellow skin due to a nuclear accident.
24. Papa Boolie discovered Baby Boolie after waking up next to him in a dumpster behind an IHOP one tepid October morning. Neither had any money, and then and there Papa Boolie made the life-altering decision to adopt this fellow as his son, christen him “Baby Boolie” and teach him how to live life to the fullest.
25. They made their living for years trying to rob houses; when they tried to rob Fred’s studio, he caught them, mistook them for friends and asked them to help him host his TV show for the nice people.
26. They have been pretending to be nice to Fred for the last seven years, while secretly plotting his gruesome demise.
27. By the time he was four, Papa Boolie had memorized every episode of Gilligan’s Island and could recite them all by heart. By the time he turned nine, he had forgotten everything.
28. In his high school yearbook, Papa Boolie was voted “Most Likely To Be Forced Into Television.”
29. Papa Boolie is nearsighted and should be wearing glasses, but doesn’t.
30. Papa Boolie suffers from anal fissures.
31. In 1975, Papa Boolie accidentally killed a man with a harpoon while high on LSD. Panicked, he quickly destroyed the evidence and has told no one about it to this day. That man was Jimmy Hoffa, though Papa Boolie himself doesn’t even know that.
32. Papa Boolie claims to have invented the word “Snapple.”
33. Baby Boolie is irrationally afraid to travel by helicopter.
34. Baby Boolie can speak fluent French and Portugese.
35. Baby Boolie auditioned for one of the talking flowers on Pee-Wee’s Playhouse, and was told he could have the job if he was willing to lose a lot of weight. Insulted and more than a bit violated, he tore up the contract and never looked back.
36. Baby Boolie created the CBS sitcom Designing Women under the pseudonym “Linda Bloodworth-Thomason.”
37. The year after Designing Women was canceled, Baby Boolie lost his life savings in a crooked pyramid scheme with the Tooth Fairy.
38. Baby Boolie once briefly dated Cher, but the relationship ended when Baby got tired of her face melting off her skull all the damn time.
39. Baby Boolie once won an art contest for an oil painting of Jesus Christ standing on his head juggling six apples with his feet. The Louvre offered $60,000,000 for the original, but Papa Boolie put his head through the canvas before the transaction could be completed.
40. Papa Boolie flunked ninth grade algebra.
41. Papa Boolie admits he never “got the point” of museums.
42. Papa Boolie holds the distinction of being the first puppet to cross the Berlin Wall, doing so in 1994.
43. In 1995, Papa Boolie heard someone say that William Shatner was dead. He believed it for five years before seeing a priceline.com commercial and wondering who could be so cruel as to viciously mimic a dead man.
44. Papa Boolie is in the middle of writing a novel about the devastating effects of the Holocaust, with the working title Space Jam.
45. They both HAAAAATE the taste of ginger.
46. Every week they get a check from the government for $22.22. Nobody knows why.
47. They both constantly struggle with depression and suicide, exacerbated by the fact that they live with Fred.
48. They have made a promise to commit suicide together if ever Fred gets TOO annoying and they can’t reach the hospital.
49. Neither of them know it, but Baby Boolie is older than Papa Boolie by exactly nine years and seven seconds.
50. Papa Boolie secretly harbors a sexual fetish for children, but dares not express it to anyone for fear of eternal scorn.
mattboy115
Occasional

Post by mattboy115 »

I love the show! My favorite episode is the Bad Influence episode because it had Barenaked Ladies on it and they are like my third favorite band! Also you get to see Al dip his arms in melted chocolate!
There is only one who can save us. His name is Weird. No, really, Weird is his name.
mattboy115
Occasional

Post by mattboy115 »

I love the show! My favorite episode is the Bad Influence episode because it had Barenaked Ladies on it and they are like my third favorite band! Also you get to see Al dip his arms in melted chocolate!
There is only one who can save us. His name is Weird. No, really, Weird is his name.
mattboy115
Occasional

Post by mattboy115 »

Sorry for the double post.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Don't be sorry about the double post, be sorry about the triple post.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

The Weird Al Show DVD set is available for purchase in the What on Earth catalog.

:think: Funny, I don't remember seeing a performance by Bill Murray on the Weird Al Show...

:blink:
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I'm sure this was a typo and it was supposed to read "Bill MUMY."
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: The Weird Al Show

Post by minnick27 »

Today is the 20th anniversary of the first airing of TWAS. To commemorate it Rolling Stone has a great article: http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/features ... ry-w501326" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ