Al And Mad

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

weird user
Addicted

Re: Al And Mad

Post by weird user »

anthontherun wrote:
weird user wrote: The introduction for The Weird Al-Ini Pages says that Weird Al asked his friends to write the material instead of him doing it. I wonder if they really did write it. I didn't see any writers credit for these pages.
They're all credited in the title of each piece in the article...
I wasn't sure if the titles were just titles (as in other writers just put the names of celebrities there as a joke) or not. I'll take your word for it, but I wish they could have been a bit more clearer to avoid confusion.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Al was very vocal about the fact he had friends write pieces for it.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Plus, the Patton Oswalt/Chris Hardwick pieces are so much in THEIR comedic voices that it's pretty obvious nobody but either of them could've written them. Hardwick's "Social Media Throughout History" piece just reeks of the same shtick he's been doing on @midnight and Oswalt's waffle house piece is quite similar to the Steakhouse bit ("gauntlet of angry food") he does on "No Reason To Complain."
Last edited by Killingsworth on Sat May 02, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

EW.com has a short article about the issue.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Was holding out until today to get a copy in hopes my local comic book shop had it so I could get it as part of today's sales for Free Comic Book Day. Couldn't find it but just as I was ready to check out, there it was. :whoot:

Bonus: My total for everything I bought? $27.99. Good thing I put one comic back. :P
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

Regarding the fact that some of the Weird Al-Ini pieces were obviously the celebrities based on their style: Most of those celebrities I'm really not familiar-enough with to recognize the style, and I haven't really had a good look at that part of the issue (just the pictures, Weird Al's introduction, and the credits parts).

So is Weird Al-Ini a regular part of Mad Magazine? Or does Mad usually have articles that end in "-Ini"?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

weird user wrote:So is Weird Al-Ini a regular part of Mad Magazine? Or does Mad usually have articles that end in "-Ini"?
The Fundalini Pages is a regular feature that's sort of like a catch-all of cartoons and short articles/lists from regular Mad contributors. There's an abbreviated version in this issue right before the Weird Al-Ini section, but usually it goes for 5-6 pages.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Al talks about the first issue of Mad he ever bought and gives a possible clue to a song that won't be featured in the setlist on the coming tour.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

anthontherun wrote:Al talks about the first issue of Mad he ever bought and gives a possible clue to a song that won't be featured in the setlist on the coming tour.
Or maybe he'll switch to a bubble dress :lol:
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

anthontherun wrote:Al talks about the first issue of Mad he ever bought and gives a possible clue to a song that won't be featured in the setlist on the coming tour.
I don't know so much if he's saying he won't perform that song on the tour, or he'll just being wearing a different costume. Either way, I'd be fine to see it go.
And Peggy