The Big Fat UHF Topic

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Oddly enough, the page for UHF at the Showtime website ... also has some things wrong on the Trivia page for UHF.

http://www.sho.com/movies/movies_produc ... ame=Trivia

It says a kid can be heard saying, "Oh man, f*ck off!" in the background when Fletcher unplugs that clock! I can't hear that on mine! :wow:

All that info -- as it says on the top of the Showtime page listed above -- comes from the Internet Movie Database [www.imdb.com] on its Trivia Page for UHF.

Also, there's a big long topic in the IMDB Message Boards for UHF about the "Aaw man, come on/f--k off!" thingy.
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Re: sexual content. Don't forget Billy Barty playing Strip Solitaire.

Yea, that was really hot. :P

~Allison
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

Remember he was really depressed when he said that (just saw UHF again and wanted to share his pain).
Hmmm...something's gone horribly awry here...
Al Team 2772!
RIP Bela
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

All that info -- as it says on the top of the Showtime page listed above -- comes from the Internet Movie Database [www.imdb.com] on its Trivia Page for UHF. And that info can be submitted by anybody. As a result, the info needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Our own Dave has e-mailed imdb several times to get Al errors corrected before. This boo-boo must have just been entered there.

Hey, Dave! Got your ears on? Ya think we need another e-mail for this one??

Doc

Again, sadly, I have resorted to quoting myself ...

But I had to say something -- LOOK HERE!! The infamous "Aw, man, f*k off!" reference has been OBLITERATED!!

Dave??? You sneaky guy ... Did you do that???

Or did somebody else??? C'mon, fess up!! :)

Doc
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Movie ratings are funny, in a "What the heck are they thinking??" kinda way.

Take this just as an example: Two years before "UHF's" release, Mel Brooks released a little comedy called "Spaceballs." A spoof (sorta like "UHF") of "Star Wars" and science fiction in general, "Spaceballs" has become (again, like "UHF") one of those comedies that people often quote and in this post-"Producers" world of ours is being rediscovered as a cult favorite (like, once again, "UHF").

"Spaceballs" was given a PG rating. This was in 1987, when PG-13 was already well into effect. The film has some graphic language (including the "bomb"), Brooks's typical bawdy sexual humor, and some cartoonish comedic violence.....all of which were things that "UHF" has been accused of containing at one point or another.

So it just makes one wonder, what changed at the MPAA in the two years between "Spaceballs" and "UHF?"
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I don't even think the time between Spaceballs and UHF has anything to do with it. Back to the Future Part II came out the same year as UHF and received a PG rating, despite strong language, sexual content (remember Lorraine's ...ahem.. enhancements), and loads of violence.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I was actually shocked when I watched Spaceballs right after I bought it and the stuff with it and yet still a PG rating. I had only seen it on TV before and naturally they edit stuff out.

It always struck me as funny that yet somehow UHF gets a PG-13 rating and it's much more toned down than Spaceballs.

-CindyBob
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Dave??? You sneaky guy ... Did you do that???

Submit the erroneous piece of trivia with the bad word in it? Yes, it's true. It's all true! Go ahead! Just bash my head in with this crow bar!!

Oh... you mean request it be deleted? Nope, wasn't me.

And, no, I didn't actually really submit it either. :)

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: UHF Ratings

Post by Elvis »

SC - Sexual Content Hello?????? What in the world are they talking about?

"You get to drink from THE FIREHOSE!!! Open wide! *WHOOSH*"

Extra special thanks to a certain band member for clueing my innocent mind in on that reference and ruining that scene for me forever. :stern:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Re: UHF Ratings

Post by weirdallie27 »

SC - Sexual Content Hello?????? What in the world are they talking about?
"You get to drink from THE FIREHOSE!!! Open wide! *WHOOSH*"

Extra special thanks to a certain band member for clueing my innocent mind in on that reference and ruining that scene for me forever. :stern:

Dave

Is that a reference to some other movie or something? ...Or just a general reference to, uh....um.....yea...

(And even I never got any kind of sexual connotation to that scene....)

~Allison