Al On The Simpsons

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

What year was Al on Stern? I used to listen all the time and never heard it. And did it make the E! show?

I'm not 100% sure of the year, but I want to say that it was 1999. Howard set up a little interview table outside of the Blockbuster Entertainment Awards to catch celebrities as they left.

It did air on the E! show. Al was on for a few minutes, though. Some of Howard's questions were a bit inappropriate, but he actually treated Al better than one might expect.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Al's Simpsons Episode Airdate Announced !!!!

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

The example I was thinking of was Al's own words on the Behind The Music special. It shows he has a sense of humor about it and probably would play along willingly if that's in the script.

Oh, yeah, I remember that BTM bit [note to Scottidog: it was on the tape my friends made with the VCR with the defective heads, so it had lots of tracking and color problems, and anyway, it was in the luggage the airline lost-- doesn't EVERYBODY here travel with Weird Al tapes in their luggage at all times?].

Hmmm... this raises another interesting question. I wonder whether the frequent asking that got the phrase I mentioned into the FAQs was being done by gay fans in whose hearts hope was springing eternally, however unfoundedly.... or by Al's relatives. :dontgetit:
martmercer
Occasional

RE: al on simpsons

Post by martmercer »

Hey... I, yes ME!, will have to wait 'til 2006 'til i'll be able to see it on

BBC2, sorry Channel 4,yes, Channel 4 ( you see i don't have sattalite or Anything so can't see it on Sky 1

So hey, count yourselves lucky!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Howard Stern

Post by Elvis »

He was on Howard Stern twice.

The first time was in 1986 for about an hour. Also on the same show was Rick Derringer and I believe Al hung around for that segment as well.

The second time was on March 11, 1998 for only about three minutes or so. The March 11 interview later showed up on E! on March 19 in its entirety.

As far as Al interviews go, the 1986 one was pretty boring so I imagine that's the one Howard was referring to in the Star article.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Re: Howard Stern

Post by scottidog »

As far as Al interviews go, the 1986 one was pretty boring so I imagine that's the one Howard was referring to in the Star article.

How bad of an interviewer do you have to be to get a boring interview from Al? The print interviews that I have seen with Al that are less than interesting are the ones where it is clear that Al is not pleased with what's going on. (Yes, tweak.com dufus interviewers, I'm looking at you.)

Al is always so ready to turn it on and be entertaining, I don't understand how you could get a boring interview out of him without intending to do so.
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

I think that al will look like the original al.....It would make the most sense to me.....

Like this

<---kindof..... :D
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Im pretty sure it will be new Al. Of course he ha been sporting the new look for 4 years now, so I guess now its "Newer Al" I think the only question will be goatee or no goatee

Mike
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Most people recognize the older look, but still, I think they'll go with the new one.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

If we're voting, I vote for New Improved Al With Goatee. And if they want to throw in dark shades and "wife beater" that's ok with me...

:inlove:

You have to admit, this picture does kind of have that Simpson's yellow skin thing.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

It does! Frightening!! :yell:
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;