Al On The Simpsons

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Read the new issue of Toy Fare yesterday and they had a section on the new wave of Simpsons figures, and that it is going to have celebrities as part of it (they normally do a seperate series) Well there is probably 10 or 12 of them, so I'm thinking that if they keep that up, sooner or later, they will have to do an Al figure. So we will finally get one, though he'll be yellow.

Well, I dunno. I've seen Playmates' list of figures for next year. Not very smart choices for a line that needs to be purchased by more than just die-hard Simpsons fans. If the whole line isn't completely dead by 2004, I'd be very surprised.

But yes, an Al "Simpsons" figure is another reason why I'm hoping he has a meatier part than what we've been led to believe so far.

If not, one would think someone would have made a Weird Al action figure by now anyway. I once posed the question to a product director at Palisades (who makes the totally awesome Muppet Show figures), and they were under the impression that Weird Al is still just that nutty guy from 1980's.

We need to start edumacatin' everybody, dag nabbit!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

they were under the impression that Weird Al is still just that nutty guy from 1980's.

And the 90s, and the 2Ks.

We need to smack someone upside the head with a big ol' stick!

:onfire:
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

You know some celebrity cameos on The Simpsons don't appear as "themselves" they just do a voice over for a character. While I really hope Al appears as his (current) self on this episode, we should all be aware that it's possible he'll be a temporary citizen of Springfield maybe even one of Homer's gay roomates -- now there's a stretch.

El
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

maybe even one of Homer's gay roomates -- now there's a stretch.

Boy, I'll say.

<Scottidog bets that they will do "Classical Al" just because it's more recognizable and sort of a trade mark. But she votes for the Biker Pimp Al.>
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Doing some research to see if I can find out any more on Al's Simpson's appearance. No date available. What I did find out is that Al's ep is #1412, and the next one to be shown is #1406.

Does that mean 6 more weeks til Al's ep airs? I don't know.

CD, what do your sources say?
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I'm sure there will be at least a couple weeks where they will air reruns, so it looks like it'll air sometime before the end of April.

April looks like a very Al-friendly month.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

CD, what do your sources say?

My sources say that all links are circumstantial, and are no cause to declare war.

Err, I mean, so far the episode schedule is known through March 2, after which there will still be a good number of new episodes yet to air.

Keep in mind that "The Simpsons" doesn't always air episodes in their order of production....so, Al may show up in April at the earliest, or way later. It's still too early to tell. :huh:

"So to answer your question, I don't know."
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Well, that certainly clears things up. I guess, as always, Bermuda will update us as soon as he knows...

I hate waiting...

At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Unless that's a train coming.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I wouldn't be surprised if they show it around the time the new ALbum comes out...
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Schleppy the Moon Pigeon
Occasional

Post by Schleppy the Moon Pigeon »

Well, that WOULD be pretty good publicity. Picture this.

("Normal" person at home, watching the Simpsons.

"Normal" Person: Hey, I didn't know Weird Al was still around!

"Normal" thinks for a while, decides to go out to the record store to buy an old ALbum, finds out there's a new one out, buys it.)

And a little note here: Next week is the Simpson's 300th (!) episode. It's gonna be 90 minutes long.