Al On The Simpsons

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Al's Simpsons Episode Airdate Announced !!!!

Post by Dr_Dad »

HEY, WOWAYFer's!

Check out the recently updated news!!!

http://www.weirdal.com/latenews.htm#simp

Get your VCR's timed for APRIL 6TH !!!!

BTW, does anyone think that, in the Simpsons episode, Al will look like this?::

http://www.gotfuturama.com/cgi-bin/imag ... c00217.jpg

Dr. Dad
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: Al's Simpsons Episode Airdate Announced !!!!

Post by Elvis »

BTW, does anyone think that, in the Simpsons episode, Al will look like this

I'm going to say no. I think he'll look more like his current self -- no glasses, long hair, goatee. And a Hawaiian shirt.

The real question is will Homer recycle his joke about only homosexuals wearing Hawaiian shirts? And will Al play along?

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

That is WAY cool! I wa just thinking this morning that thy should have it announced by the end of this week. Im just glad it is so close, we've already waited long enough.

Mike
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I agree with Elvis--the new Al is the way to go.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

The real question is will Homer recycle his joke about only homosexuals wearing Hawaiian shirts? And will Al play along?

That's a very interesting question. On the one hand, Al's willingness to play along with a joke is second to none (VIP!).

On the other hand, considering that an earlier incarnation of the weirdal.com FAQs found it necessary to include the phrase "and yes, he is heterosexual," he might be a little reluctant to go anywhere near there. Any question about one's sex life has got to get real old, real fast, especially one asked so often that it becomes FAQ-worthy.

On the third hand :dontgetit: , it might nicely balance out the King of the Hill script that said he was dead, serving as further evidence that cartoon comedy shows aren't supposed to be one's primary source of information about the real world. That's what PEOPLE Magazine is for. 8)
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I guess we will know the answer on April 6th.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

That's a very interesting question. On the one hand, Al's willingness to play along with a joke is second to none (VIP!).

The example I was thinking of was Al's own words on the Behind The Music special. It shows he has a sense of humor about it and probably would play along willingly if that's in the script.

Simpsons guest stars who appear as themselves generally poke a little humor at themselves, so it will be interesting to see if Al does the same. They'll probably be some sort of reference to Al being the 'Eat It Guy' as well, unless they're worried about stealing Futurama's joke.

Anyway. I'm sure Al will play along with whatever the Simpsons writers come up with. He's been in quite a few situations where you tell he wasn't thrilled but played along just because he's such a nice guy. Howard Stern, Roseanne, Donnie & Marie, and Crooks & Chase come immediately to mind.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Anyway. I'm sure Al will play along with whatever the Simpsons writers come up with. He's been in quite a few situations where you tell he wasn't thrilled but played along just because he's such a nice guy. Howard Stern, Roseanne, Donnie & Marie, and Crooks & Chase come immediately to mind.

Dave

Al is a good sport, and if the writers were smart that would let him have some input.

Excuse me for my ignorance, but Al was on Howard Stern? Is there a clip or a transcript somewhere? I hope Howard was nice to our boy.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

re: Al with Howard Stern

I didn't hear the interview, I only heard about it, but IIRC Howard asked a bunch of inappropriate questions and Al didn't answer them. Howard seemed more intersted in the woman Al was with (girlfriend before Suzanne).

In one of the national tabloids last year there was a list of Howard Stern's least favorite interviews. Al was second behind Robin Williams.

El
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

What year wasAl on Stern? I used to listen all the time and never heard it. And did it make the E! show?

Mike