Important Al Interviews/reviews.

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Important Al Interviews/reviews.

Postby stardrop » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:33 am

They Should Call Him “Nice Al”: Our 9-Year-Old Reporter Interviews Weird Al
http://altdaily.com/they-should-call-hi ... -weird-al/
User avatar
stardrop
Occasional
 
Posts: 195
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:02 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Important Al Interviews/reviews.

Postby QuantumError » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:46 am

That was actually a really nice interview!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
User avatar
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace
 
Posts: 873
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:12 am
Location: Midwest

Re: Important Al Interviews/reviews.

Postby Heds » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:34 pm

stardrop wrote:They Should Call Him “Nice Al”: Our 9-Year-Old Reporter Interviews Weird Al
http://altdaily.com/they-should-call-hi ... -weird-al/

That was a very big tickle to the heart.
hey there johnny, i hope you fry!

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey
User avatar
Heds
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1776
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:43 pm
Location: Land? Duh.

Re: Important Al Interviews/reviews.

Postby Sappho » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:34 pm

stardrop wrote:They Should Call Him “Nice Al”: Our 9-Year-Old Reporter Interviews Weird Al
http://altdaily.com/they-should-call-hi ... -weird-al/

That was cute. I especially liked when she asked him what he would do if he ever grew up. :lol:
Love and peace.
User avatar
Sappho
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1105
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:37 pm
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Re: Important Al Interviews/reviews.

Postby mellow weasel » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:43 am

Sappho wrote:I especially liked when she asked him what he would do if he ever grew up. :lol:

Yes, that was a clever question :D

Has he ever mentioned that upcoming Star Wars series? That was news to me. Sounds fun, I hope it doesn't stay shelved for too long :)
User avatar
mellow weasel
Obsessed
 
Posts: 2088
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: Lithuania (Europe)

Re: Important Al Interviews/reviews.

Postby Sappho » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:53 pm

Sadly, I doubt we'll be seeing it anytime soon. Here's the story of it:
http://screencrush.com/lost-star-wars-tv-show-detours/
Love and peace.
User avatar
Sappho
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1105
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:37 pm
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Re: Important Al Interviews/reviews.

Postby mellow weasel » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:58 pm

:(
If that's so, why does Al bother even to mention it...? :stern:
User avatar
mellow weasel
Obsessed
 
Posts: 2088
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: Lithuania (Europe)

Re: Important Al Interviews/reviews.

Postby Muppetboy09 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:56 am

This is actually a huge article right here. We get to hear some of the ideas the infamous Prince parodies (which I don't think have ever been named IIRC)
http://www.people.com/article/weird-al- ... g-parodies
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
User avatar
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1642
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: Important Al Interviews/reviews.

Postby TMBJon » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:03 pm

Muppetboy09 wrote:This is actually a huge article right here. We get to hear some of the ideas the infamous Prince parodies (which I don't think have ever been named IIRC)

Actually, I think sometime like five years ago there was a similar piece which had a sidebar that listed all of the parody ideas Al has had for Prince songs. When Spuds Fry, Beverly Hillbillies/Let's Go Crazy, and $19.99 were mentioned, along with several others.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
User avatar
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
 
Posts: 20448
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:24 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA

Re: Important Al Interviews/reviews.

Postby Killingsworth » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:29 am

TMBJon wrote:
Muppetboy09 wrote:This is actually a huge article right here. We get to hear some of the ideas the infamous Prince parodies (which I don't think have ever been named IIRC)

Actually, I think sometime like five years ago there was a similar piece which had a sidebar that listed all of the parody ideas Al has had for Prince songs. When Spuds Fry, Beverly Hillbillies/Let's Go Crazy, and $19.99 were mentioned, along with several others.


http://www.cracked.com/article/203_the- ... -weird-al/

This was from CRACKED circa 2009. IIRC, it was mainly Als' favorite novelty songs from other artists and the sidebar just listed the titles of Prince songs w/o mentioning specific ideas. It Als listed Princes nebulous reasons for refusal (wasn't Princes cup of tea, rubbed Prince the wrong way, Al lost Princes number, etc)
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
User avatar
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End
 
Posts: 2865
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:22 am

PreviousNext

Return to TV & Media

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests