Al is Burning?

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Weird Alan
Regular

Al is Burning?

Post by Weird Alan »

I'm so sorry I forgot to post this. I searched and found no other threads regarding the subject, so I decided to start one up obviously. About two weeks ago, I was watching ESPN. It was in the middle of a show called Rome Is Burning. If you don't know, it's a kind of show where one guy goes through all the hot topics in sports, blasting and praising whoever he sees fit. Out of nowhere, the seguay to the commercial read, "What on earth do Monica lewinsky and Weird Al Yankovic have in common? Stay tuned to find out."

Well, that was odd. Basically, they didn't have anything in common. There is a segment on the show where Rome speaks about how good something is, and then the immediate blasting of something loosly related. In this case, he spoke out about a so-and-so being eligible for the Football Hall of Fame, and then went on to speak about Al himself being eligible for the Rock N' Roll hall of fame. He said that noone should ever get into the Rock N Roll hall of fame for clowning Micheal Jackson and Huey Lewis for 25 years. Furthermore, he went on to say that he was essentially a joke, and stressed even more that he had no buisness being recognized for the work he does.

Suprised noone else saw this. I guess I'm the only sports/Weird Al fan on earth though x_x (I know more about sports than any jock in my school, and know more about dorky and trivial things than any nerd at my school ^^; )
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, I don't get ESPN in very good, and I'm not real big on sports. What a shame that guy had to be so mean about Al. :( I totally disagree with him, of course! Al deserves that honor just as much as anyone else who has entertained us for 25 years! Well, uh, thanks for telling us about this, although it makes me kinda sad.

Patti
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

Well I think Al should be in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame, he can write songs just as good anyone else. Besides that he out lasted half of the people his parodied. And he will qualify for it anyway.
alexina
Addicted

Post by alexina »

Well, I never have had any motivation to watch ESPN, but now I have motivation NOT to watch it! :mad:

Thank you for providing me with such a valid reason to boycott it, algonacchick! :P
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

You guys aren't looking at this right... somebody on that show knows that Al will soon be eligible. Buzz is good.

The guy is stupid, obviously. But I'm happy to hear people are starting to talk about it. May it come to the attention of the nominating committee.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Yeah, I suppose getting the word out about Al's eligibility is good, but what the guy said wasn't. Always looking for that silver lining, eh, Bobbi? Keep it up! :biggrin:

Patti
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Re: Al is Burning?

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Suprised noone else saw this. I guess I'm the only sports/Weird Al fan on earth though x_x (I know more about sports than any jock in my school, and know more about dorky and trivial things than any nerd at my school ^^; )

You are not alone...

Anyway, I thought Rome (not the city) was trash even before you told us what he said. He's an oppionative little idiot who thinks he's "edgy" because he can insult people. Ugh... we have Eminem for that! :sleepy:

Let's see Rome get into the music biz and see how he'll do. Until then...

SHUT UP! :angry: ... Rome, that is.

Whenever I see that guy on TV, I think of this line from The Producers...

"What do you want, you fish faced enemy of the people!"
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
HappyBirthday1983
Occasional

Post by HappyBirthday1983 »

let me take you back about 10 years ago...to jim rome's show..

our guest today: st. louis rams quarterback jim everett!

rome: hey chris (after female tennis player)

jim: don't call me chris

rome: what, chris?

jim: don't call me chris

rome: so, chris, blah blah blah

::jim everett beats the crap out of jim rome::

just to give you an idea, this guy is a total jerk, a total punk who doesnt belong on tv. his opinion doesnt mean anything.
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Really?! Where have you gone, Jim Everett?
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I saw that! I didn't know who the guy was but it was pretty funny.