"Weird" Connections Between MST3K And Al

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

There's never been at the very least, a direct Al reference. But a riff that always cracks me up is in Time Chasers, where during the revolutionary war scene, a man with a beard watches the battle. To which Servo quips:

"Dr. Demento, patriot"

:biggrin:
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

QUOTE \"Dr. Demento, patriot\"

Ugh! Stupid me! I forgot that! I even meant to post about that here after seeing the episode!!

ARGH! :angry:
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

"Dr. Demento, patriot"
:

Hilarious line in one of my all-time favorite episodes (that guy did look quite a bit like The Good Doctor, didn't he?)

To their credit, MST made countless references to Allan Sherman and Spike Jones. Not QUITE the same as Al, but pretty close.

Meadows
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Hilarious line in one of my all-time favorite episodes
Servo, the future looks like your room.

"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.

Post by Teh Dingo »

Well, I believe I found the only direct reference to Al in relation to MST3K, in Mike Nelson's book, "Mike Nelson's Movie Mega Cheese" on page 231. Some may see this as a backhanded diss, but I see it as a good compliment:

"...It's even kind of fun to have the lovable dopes around. I'm talking about your..."Weird Al" Yankovics."

Yeah, Al's a lovable dope :biggrin:

(Note: The ... aren't hiding any insulting lines, those just represent other lovable dopes he mentioned)
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
doggans
Die-hard Fan

Post by doggans »

*tries to think of another connection to discuss*

Uh...Al has done MiSTings of music videos on AL-TV...
"Wow, another triple negative!"
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

spacedingo @ Dec 20 2003, 08:43 PM wrote: Well, I believe I found the only direct reference to Al in relation to MST3K, in Mike Nelson's book, "Mike Nelson's Movie Mega Cheese" on page 231.  Some may see this as a backhanded diss, but I see it as a good compliment:

"...It's even kind of fun to have the lovable dopes around.  I'm talking about your..."Weird Al" Yankovics."

I don't think it was meant as an insult, either. Out of all the people in the world (besides us, of course), Mike Nelson would probably be one of the first to recognize the genius of Al.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.

Post by Teh Dingo »

Not really a reference, but a connection:

In the MST3K:The Movie riffing of the credits of This Island Earth, Crow sees the constellation Orion, and also makes a crack about Orion being bankrupt! :D
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Wow... I can't believe you actually found this topic!

I vaguely remember that line. All I really remember is the, "Eastman... he came from the east to do battle with Mando (or was it Armando? I can't remember)!"

Still, it's close enough. Thanks for the reminder.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

ThewEiRdOne27 @ Jul 17 2005, 08:29 PM wrote: All I really remember is the, "Eastman... he came from the east to do battle with Mando (or was it Armando? I can't remember)!"
The Amazing Rando
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;