"Weird" Connections Between MST3K And Al

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

QUOTE I remember seeing an ep of MST3K that had an Al reference in it. I forget what crappy sci-fi movie they were watching, but there was a weird shot of an alien hand flicking and rubbing its fingers together. Then somebody said, \"Got a boogie on my finger, and I can't shake it off.\"

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.......................maybe.

I know the joke of which you speak. It's from the "Attack of the the Eye Creatures" episode (yes, the film's titles had the word "the" twice!), but I believe I wrote that one off as a direct reference to Al because what Crow actually says is "theres a booger on my finger and i cant get it off. " Now, had he said "Gotta boogie on my finger", then I would have definitely counted it. Of course, Crow does kind of "sing" the line, but it doesn't necessarily sound like it's to the tune of the Al song we all know and love.

What can I say? I'm a stickler. It could go either way. It's definitely the closest thing MST ever came to an Al reference, at least from what I can tell. Thanks for reminding me of that line, though. I forgot about that one.

Meadows
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Meadows, you stickler, you! Glad you're back. Have you been to any shows?
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

QUOTE Meadows, you stickler, you!  Glad you're back.  Have you been to any shows?

Not yet...I go on Sept. 5th to the LA Greek Theater show.

Of course, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

You?

Meadows
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

My first show ever (and probably the only one this summer) was SLO 6/22/03. It was wonderful beyond my wildest dreams. That Al is quite the showman!

And I got to meet Bermuda, Steve, Rubén and Miles. But alas, not Jim or Al...
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

QUOTE My first show ever (and probably the only one this summer) was SLO 6/22/03.  It was wonderful beyond my wildest dreams.  That Al is quite the showman!

And I got to meet Bermuda, Steve, Rubén and Miles.  But alas, not Jim or Al...

Yeah, I'm going to attempt to meet the Al & the band after the show (I was successful once, in San Diego), but I have a bad feeling that the Greek Theater won't allow for that sort of thing.

Meadows
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Achtung! Topic please? Pretty please??? :stern:
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

QUOTE I know the joke of which you speak.  It's from the \"Attack of the the Eye Creatures\" episode (yes, the film's titles had the word \"the\" twice!

At least it's not as bad as The Incredibly Strange People Who Stopped Living And Became Mixed Up Zombies! *shudders*
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE Achtung! Topic please? Pretty please???  :stern:

But we were talking about Al... :lookround:

And since you asked for us to resume the topic:

QUOTE At least it's not as bad as The Incredibly Strange People Who Stopped Living And Became Mixed Up Zombies!

Obviously you forgot to finish the sentence. Cuz you forgot to add the part that tied it to the topic. Or Weird Al.

:P
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Uh... well that was the name of a movie they had on MST3K!

The topic here is about connections between Al and MST3K... unfortunately, NOT about the concerts we're going to. However, due to the nature of the site, I guess it really doesn't matter. :)

Continue...
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

What about Hot Wax Zombies on Wheels?

Okay, back to topic people.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.