Al songs on the radio

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

It's been nearly a year that interview's been posted on the NPR website. It's great one and I'm glad it's still up and operational. It's one of the best interviews Al's done.
This means something. This is important.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

scholzh @ Aug 10 2004, 07:53 PM wrote: I don't have permission to post a new thread, so I'll stick this here. Weird Al was on NPR, and you can listen on the web at:
http://www.npr.org/display_pages/featur ... 04580.html
Yes. That is a great interview. In my opinion, that's the best interview.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

I agree! I listen to that interview agian. And it is the best I've heard.
Al team # 2836
Interrobang
Die-hard Fan

I turned on the radio this morning. . .

Post by Interrobang »

And was greatly surprised when I heard the song Frank's 2000'' TV playing!

It was a comedy station (called Laugh USA), so it's not too much of a surprise, but I was certainly taken aback!

Unfortunately, I turned on the station near the end, so I only got to hear the last 30 seconds.

What I'm really proud of though is that my Sister and my Dad, who were in the car, both also immediately recognized it as Al.
We're gonna yodel like it's 1999!

You weasel-faced dog boy!
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Re: Al on the radio

Post by HappyGilmore »

Sanny wrote:Other than the Dr. Demento show, which I apparently cannot get where I live, has any one ever heard him on the radio? If so, what kind of station is it? I listen to "The Buzz" which is an alternative rock station but I can never seem to catch an Al song. How does he get promoted?
He's played somewhat on the local college station here in Philly. 75% of the time it's on a kids show they have at night that plays not just "kids" music, but also some other "novelty" acts like Allan Sherman, Spike Jones, etc.

The other 25% is random times through-out the day. Like, 2 in the afternoon you'll hear them play a random Al song. Sometimes a "classic" song from the '80s, sometimes a "newer" post Bad Hair Day song, sometimes a parody, sometimes original. Depends on whomever the dj is at the time. I remember when Bad Hair Day came out they played Amish Paradise a bunch, as well as Everything You Know is Wrong.
WeirdBillWX
Occasional

Re: Al songs on the radio

Post by WeirdBillWX »

Greetings!

I figured this would probably be the appropriate place to announce.....
My 'net radio show (BillWX Radio Network) will present the music of "Weird Al" and other song parodies tomorrow - June 19, 2010 from 6-8 pm EDT (22:00-0:00 GMT) on Lost Planet Radio. (http://radio.thelostplanet.net)
Details and any program changes will be on the station website.
If there's any bands/artists on here that would like to contribute to the show, feel free to email the station directly. :)
(If you contribute a song, please - nothing profane or dirty.)

Happy listening!

-Bill..aka WeirdBillWX
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Hmm...I clicked on the link on that page for the "live schedule" and it said "Show cancelled at 7pm due to network problems"...that's sad to hear...hope you and your station can get it together soon...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
StinkyCheese

Post by StinkyCheese »

Other than DD, as far as local radio stations, other than when White and Nerdy was new, I never have. However...

The weirdest thing....

At work we play XM radio 80's on 8. I have never heard Like A surgeon, Eat It, Fat, ect. any of his big songs... but ONCE... I heard... Alimony O_O. I'm like... "Out of all the songs...?"
My significant other is German. Does that mean they will make me eat a BIG BOWL OF SOURKROUT?!
WeirdMary0427
Obsessed

Post by WeirdMary0427 »

StinkyCheese wrote:At work we play XM radio 80's on 8. I have never heard Like A surgeon, Eat It, Fat, ect. any of his big songs... but ONCE... I heard... Alimony O_O. I'm like... "Out of all the songs...?"
That is strange. It's surprising that they had even heard of that song, as it doesn't even seem like it would be that popular. At least not as popular as the classics that you mentioned.
NMRodo
Occasional

Post by NMRodo »

A few weeks ago one of the local radio stations was taking requests and they specifically suggested requesting Weird Al. Didn't hear any of his songs though.